27. Promise of a future

© VeGirl 2014

Thank you for listening to my story. I think that you sense my story is coming to an end and however sad it is to part ways with you, I can not predict the future. We are now in the precence and I don't know what will happen. Alec is waiting and I am more anxious to be with him right now, so let's get on with the story!

XO Maya

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"I have a jet waiting..."

He leans his head to the side. "You have what?"

"A jet..." I say, noticing how breathless I am. "...waiting..." My mind is going through possibilities and my body rejoices.

"Not a jet ski, I hope...?"

I smile at his joke.

"Isn't it rude to let the pilot wait...?"

"Yes very rude..."

"The polite thing to do would be to hurry back and let the poor man rest."

"And the stewardess..."

He grabs my hand. "Hurry!" The grip on my hand is warm, firm and decisive; it is the grip of a master. My heart is fluttering.

We walk brusquely towards the main building and happen to meet Laurinda and Jayden on our way. At first they seem surprised to see us together and frankly a tad smug, but their expression changes to what I interpret as relieved compassion.

"We just wanted to thank you for inviting us." Alec is the one who speaks for both of us and I am a little surprised by his initiative. But then again; I have noticed controlling tendencies in him already. I am baffled, but thrilled to be included in his company.

"Are you taking off?"

"This girl apparently has a jet waiting and it seems rude to let her staff wait." Alec smiles wryly and I see Laurinda hide a smile. She knows that if I want to, I'll have them on hold for days.

"It was a beautiful ceremony." I step forward and wrap Linda into a warm hug. "Thank you, and make sure you keep him in a tight leash." The comment might have been teasing, but as she looks into my eyes, she sees the sincere concern.

"I will." She smiles, but her expression suddenly changes and a low groan escape her lips. Her eyes suddenly finds the flower in my hair and her expression turns into yearning with mischief. "I see that you found our hiding place."

My brows fly upwards and I notice her eyes searching and finding the faint indentation pattern along my arms. "That was a perfect hideout," I whisper as I kiss her cheek. "We'll be back soon." I announce us as a couple, just as assertive as Alec has.

I hug Jayden as well and tell him to behave, or else I'll be back with handcuffs and a cat o'nine.

"Promises, promises...." He wiggle his brows.

"We better hurry," Alec announces and takes my hand before we walk to the main building asking where I can find my staff. "Rainier, are you and Gabrielle ready to leave?" I ask after getting directions to the lounge area where I find him.

"Yes Miss Kato, if you are ready."

"This is Alec, he will be joining us on the flight to London." I try my hardest to sound professional and it takes great effort. I am painfully aware of Alec and am sure my desire is easily detected on my face.

The two men shake hands and Rainier walks off to get the steward, while we stand there looking at each other. "You're quite the business woman," Alec says appreciative and I just nod. My pliant ability isn't applied in every occasion. "Don't you have a suitcase?"