19. The good life

© VeGirl 2014

During summer they decided that a hands on steering was necessary for the new hotel that was about to open in the Riviera.

Since their little display of power in the Club, they hadn't been there. Maya had been both angry and sad, but he claimed it had been an exploration of limits. A tiny part inside her had maybe been intrigued, as she had realised that he had the power no matter how much she had topped him. Maya preferred when he took all decisions though and she simply obeyed; that was natural to her.

Here on the Riviera they were discussing interior design, choosing carpets and wallpapers. She was lying on her stomach on the sunbed of their secluded balcony with nothing but a thong on while working on her computer.

Once in a while Arnaud looked over his glasses to give her an appreciative look and she smiled at him. Sometimes she asked him to rub sunlotion on and that always led to more than a touch.

It was a good life.

For her birthday they didn't take a regular flight; they took their private jet all the way to Shikoku, Japan just as they had done for New Year.

Mr Henry got a co-pilot for the long ride and Gabrielle got some time off after having served Arnaud and Maya something to drink. She must have been tired of seeing them smooch on the couch and not long thereafter they retired to the back room. That bedroom was frequently used on the flight and Arnaud surprised Maya with a trunk of extra equipment that he gladly demonstrated.

"This is a spreader-bar that keeps your feet or knees apart." The thought of being restrained shouldn't be arousing but just the thought made her lower stomach clench and her pulse raise. "We'll use that on our way home," he added. He already knew her inside was on fire. "Here are cuffs that will lock your wrists to your knees and they are practical little things." He lined the devices up on the side of the bed. "I'd like to try those out right now if I may." His lips curled upwards as did his brows while those dark eyes smouldered.

"Yes Master," Maya answered obediently as he knew she would. Her inside tingled.

Arnaud kept explaining the things he had brought.

"So where are we gonna start?"

Maya laughed at his expectedly raised brows. "It feels like I should say I'll have one of those and an additional such." She laughed and pointed at the different things lined up.

He glued his eyes at her with narrowed eyes. "Are you making fun of me?" The humour glistened brightly between the spoken words. "Even when I have lined up all these things, and you know that I'd love to spank you...?"

Her body tingled expectantly. "Oh sir; what will you do to me?" she giggled.

"Hmm..." He tapped his chin while his eyes went over the different things. "If you'll just lean back Miss; I'll think we'll start with this..." He pulled a blindfold from his bag. "Or do you want to see the different whips before I take your sight away?" He was openly teasing her and she loved this playful side of him.

"You wouldn't spank little me, would you sir." Maya did her best to mimic a little scared rabbit.

"Oh, that innocent look will get you nowhere," he threatened with narrowed eyes as he walked around the bed where he straddled her. "You just stay right there." She giggled and got a light smack on her bum in return. That certainly started the humming within her.

With the blissful distraction, the flight wasn't long at all.

* * *

Maya's parents were very glad to see them when they finally arrived. Her mother hugged her closely and they still bowed respectfully towards Arnaud.

She wondered about their reaction if they knew what they had busied themselves with not more than hours ago.

"It is so good to see you again." Maya's mother had tears in her eyes. "Oh we just visited the shrine and you missed it."

"It's okay mama, we'll stop by before we head to the hotel."

"You won't be sleeping here?"

"I was the one that didn't want to exceed your hospitality, Frau Kato," Arnaud cut in.

A huge vase of flowers decorated the hallway where New Year's cards had hung on display last time they had been there. Somehow that felt warm and welcoming and Maya felt at home from all the scents.

She noticed her mother's disapproving eyes as she was dressed in western clothes, no matter that this was French couture. Her mother was dressed in her finest kimono as tradition deserved.

Maya's father was excited as well to have them there and he offered Arnaud something to drink.

Maya's sister and brother in law was out flying kite in their back yard when Arnaud and Maya arrived and they were thrilled as well, but they didn't really know how to react around Arnaud. The sister's eyes flickered to the huge ring on Maya's finger and she gladly showed her.

"It looks expensive," she said and Maya struggled to read something beside the jealousy that shone through.

"It wasn't that much," Arnaud explained as Maya translated. "I didn't want to embarrass you."

"Oh, that is no problem at all," she assured him.

The one Maya realised she had missed most was her niece, Sumi. Her tiny arms hugged her aunt tightly and she was relieved that the little girl still remembered her. "Bonjour mon ami," she crooned. "How have you been? You seem to have grown over the months I have been away."

They sat down and this time it was Maya's sister who helped mother while Maya enjoyed bouncing Sumi in her lap with Arnaud by her side. Maya guessed that they looked like a family already, only he and Maya knew that they would never be that. They had a different life together.

Maya's mother served birthday cake and Maya remembered how Arnaud had struggled with the long Toshikoshi-noodle last time they had been here.

"It is traditional New Year food and it symbolizes a long life," Maya had whispered to him as he bit it off. She smiled still at the memory.

Now they sat there with Maya's family in the fairytale garden where practice meant perfect, and everything was planned and executed perfectly.

It was a beautiful memory.

.