26. Tying the knot

© VeGirl 2014

The ceremony was held out by the beach and was absolutely beautiful. With tears blurring my vision it was hard to stay unaffected when Linda and Jayden walked along the aisle hand in hand. Jayden was dressed in a casual grey suit with a white shirt, unbuttoned by the collar. Linda had a fluttering summerdress and they were a vision of love and peace where they smiled at each other.

Thoughts of my own wedding flashed through my mind but I pushed those efficiently away; I was determined to enjoy this with undivided attention. I wanted to keep my grief in privacy.

"I do," snapped me back as the priest told Jayden he could kiss his bride. The affection on his face warmed my soul and I knew that they would make it together.

They had each other.

A sudden wave of painful solitude hit me and I forced myself to watch the happy couple slowly walk back along the aisle, sprinkled with off-white flowers scenting like wild strawberries.

I was glad that I had been placed on Jayden's side of the aisle where not many people sat while Zoe was seated away from me. We were not a couple and I needed to wallow in selfpity of my own for a few minutes.

I had lost my husband and my life had been empty since.

After the ceremony, everybody congratulated the couple who beamed with love.

Linda introduced me to her mother and father and the steel in her mother's eyes reminded me of Miss Kimura. I smiled inwardly. So... that's how Linn became a submissive, I thought. Only one trumped that in their family I finally noticed and smiled secretively. Mr Payne.

Linda's sister Melinda came with her girlfriend who happened to be Jayden's business partner. Steel determination shone through in her eyes as well and with my history it was easily to detect their D/s persona. I was amazed by the amount of bdsm participants that happened to gather at a posh event as this. How many of the vanilla-participants dared to guess that a whole different society existed within their grasp, and how many of them would have been tickled by the imagination of it?

I felt Zoe's eyes on me, but I wasn't in a playful mood and efficiently avoided her.

The newlyweds stood gracefully beaming at each other while everybody came forward to congratulate them. It took some time for me to finally get my chance of some one on one time with the happy couple. With one hand on each of their cheeks, I looked affectionate at the couple that had come to mean so much to me. "I'm sorry to say that I can't make it to the wedding night. You'll gonna have to do without me, darlings."

Both of them snickered. "You're a perv Maya."

"But a hot one." I winked one eye at them. "...and it takes one to know one."

"Yeah, I know." Linn frowned at me.

I studied them and sighed; finally allowing myself a glimpse into my past. "Arnaud would have loved to come and see you like this," I said, suddenly overwhelmed with feelings again.

"Arnaud?" Jayden looked like he had heard that name before.

"Yes, Arnaud who sold you the club in London," I cleared, finally sharing.

"You know him?"

"He was my husband."

"What?" Both of them looked stunned until they looked around and pulled me along to a corner. "Arnaud Fabre was your husband?"

"And... was as in..."

"He died a few months before I came to your club to find you. Arnaud said that if I ever needed anything, I should go to you. Too bad I found Casper instead," I added with an ironic tone of voice and an eye roll.