7. Frustrated

© VeGirl 2014

Every day Maya rode to work with Arnaud after that first confusing day. She did her best to get the hang of work and make him proud of her. She wanted to make those sky-blue eyes shine.

His mood switched between strict businesslike, and playfully taunting towards her, depending whether they were alone or not. Maya was amazed of how he could make her body heat up with only a look. This heat and arousal was always mixed with a need to do as he said.

Arnaud was still fascinated by the girl who blindly put her trust in him, no matter how much his requests went against her upbringing. Her eyes revealed a need for his instructions and he revelled in every new emotion those dark eyes showed. He loved the desire they could hold and wanted nothing more than for her to give him that blind trust.

* * *

As the days went by, Maya noticed how Arnaud got more and more tense. His brows seemed to be pressed tight together every time she saw him and she wondered what was bothering him.

"I have business to attend in London and won't be back until tomorrow," he said one evening as they sat in their favourite restaurant on their way home.

"Oh..." Maya wondered if it was something she had done and asked herself what she was to do without him.

The worry in her eyes made him want to cancel his plans, even though he needed to go. "Not to worry ma petite, I'll be back tomorrow," he reassured her with a comforting smile. Never would he have thought that such dark eyes would be that expressive, and he wanted them to burn with desire for him. With a shill along his spine he realised how egotistic it was of him to make her his, but she had been like a siren, singing so brightly to him.

Maya wondered if he was able to read her mind when he spoke of her worry and decided she needed to be strong for him.

The evening was incredibly long and boring and the night was alarmingly worrying without him. Not even the yoga that used to help calm her every day, could relax her. The time was way beyond midnight before she finally fell asleep exhausted.

Maya's head pounded with a headache as she woke up late the following day and had to search for the bottle of aspirin before she had breakfast. Time passed just as slow and the day was endlessly tedious before the tiny bell signalled and the elevator door opened.

There he stood smiling and Maya's heart fluttered as she skipped towards him. "Hello my little one." He engulfed her in his arms and tears prickled behind her lids as she revelled in his caress. "How was your night?"

"Incredibly lonely," she mumbled grumpy into the fabric of his shirt.

He chuckled. "I'm glad to hear that."

"I've made dinner for you," she proudly announced and pulled him along to the kitchen. His appreciation for the beautifully set table and the decorated food was delightful and totally worth the trouble she had put into it. "Was it a good meeting?" she asked interested, urgent to make conversation.

"Meeting?"

"In London..."

"Oh, that meeting..." His reaction surprised her. "It went very well; satisfying," he added with a smile and they continued their meal.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?" Maya asked as they had finished and he sat on the couch.

"You can pour me a drink if you like, and pour one to yourself as well," he ordered and Maya frowned as she carried the two glasses of vodka to the couch. She wasn't the only one who had longed; he had missed her as well as she had missed him. He needed to be patient with her. He patted the seat next to him and she sat down there even if she preferred to stretch her legs out on the floor. "So, what did you do when you were all alone, ma petite?"