CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11

Tahimik lang ako habang kumakain kami ng breakfast. They talked about something that I don't even understand. That's why I was just listening all throughout the conversation.

"Your Tita Cassedy called," sabi ni Daddy kaya sabay kaming napatingin ni Rainier sa kaniya.

"What did she say?"

"Doon kayo paaaralin ng college," seryosong sabi ni daddy kaya natigilan kami.

Our tita is daddy's younger sister and she was based in LA. I have never had a chance to meet her in person since the day I lived with daddy. Aside from the fact that she lives in LA, she's not really close with our family, maybe because she's always busy with her life there.

"Really?" napataas ang kilay ni Rainier. "What's gotten into her? I'm wondering..."

"Well,maybe she wanted to cope up with you, guys," sabi naman ni Tita Sarah which I agreed with.

"What do you think, sis?" Rainier turned to me. Umayos ako ng upo.

"What? I don't know...I haven't meet her yet," pahinang anas ko at tumango naman si daddy.

"Yeah right... What about you'll agree with her idea. Maybe, she has the guts now to meet you," sabi ni daddy kaya napaisip naman ako.

College pa naman iyon. I'm just in Grade 10 right now. Mayroon pang two years of being in senior high. Maybe in those years I can decide na.

"I'll think of that..." tumikhim pa ako.

Ganoon din ang sinabi ni Rainier. Sabay kaming pumunta sa school pagkatapos kumain. I was thinking of the idea of having my college life in LA. I haven't been there. Kung tutuusin iyon pa ang first time kong pumunta roon, kung sakali.

"What? Really?" masayang sabi ni Saturday,nahihimigan ko rin ang gulat sa tono niya. Sinabi ko sa kanya ang sinabi kanina ni Daddy.

"Hmm... But I'm not sure yet."

"What the heck! It's your opportunity, you must grab it right away."

Bumuntong hininga ako. I don't know what to do.

"Your dream is to become a doctor right?" tumango ako. "They have a great med school there. I'm sure it's a good enough reason for you to be there."

Mas lalo akong naguluhan kaya nang dumating ang oras ng klase ay sinawalang bahala ko nalang ang isipin na iyon para hindi makadagdag pa sa isipin ko.

Papunta ako sa canteen because Rainier texted me. The sun isn't shining right now. Maybe because of the rain that has stopped.

"What?" maarteng tanong ko sa kanya.

I looked at the entrance of the canteen where I saw Sofia exited. Tumaas ang kilay niya nang makita ang reaksyon ko.

"Are you courting her?" kuryusong tanong ko saka umupo sa harapan niya.

I don't know what's the score between them but based on what they're showing maybe they're on the courting stage.

"Hmm," tumaas ang kilay niya saka umismid. "We're not here to talk about my love life."

"Okay, so why are we here?" maarteng tanong ko na nagpangiwi sa kaniya.

He said what he wanted and right after bumalik din kaagad ako sa room. The class started right away. Like I always do almost eveday, I listened to the lectures.

When the lunch break came, I went to the canteen and saw my cousins there. We ate out for lunch and threw a little conversation after.

"What?" they said in chorus. I told them what Zach and I had talked about.