CHAPTER 40

CHAPTER 40

I groaned when I felt heavy things on my stomach. I tried to open my eyes but because of tiredness, I ended up sleeping again.

"Mommy!"

"Mmm," I growled and turned my back on her, without realizing it.

"Shhhh. Don't budge mommy, she's sleeping," dinig kong bulong ni Zach.

"But it's already past eight. Usually, she's already awake at this time and if not I'll always wake her up," Kalina says in her cute little voice.

"Yeah, that's before, but right now, you let mommy get enough sleep first," he said and it was tailed by the slamp of the door.

After a long hours of having a sleep, getting enough rest, I woke up and felt a light day ahead of me. I rolled over the bed and sat up afterwards. I was just staring unconsciously at the ceiling and what happened last night suddenly popped up in my mind.

I blinked three times and looked around for me to find out that I am in Zach's bedroom. I suddenly looked at my body and swallowed hard. It really happened, indeed.

I instantly looked at the door when it cracked open and Zach slid inside. He stopped midway when he saw me staring and then headed towards my way. While he's sauntering, what happened last night gives a show in my mind.

I closed my eyes to stop the thinking but it just worsened. I immediately opened my eyes and threw a look at him when I felt him in front of me.

"Are you okay?" he sounded so concerned,"Does your head hurt?"

I flinched when he was about to touch my shoulder. That made his eyebrows creased. I bit my lips and stared at my intertwined hands over my lap.

"You're not drunk last night, aren't you?" he asked and I nodded my head.

"That's good. I thought I have to repeat what I said last night."

Still, I didn't look at him. He sighed and put his hands on my shoulder but this time I didn't flinch. He put his thumb on my chin -forcing me to look up at him.

"What?" I tried to be aggressive but I failed.

It earned a chuckle from him and he sat beside me. He groaned and fixed himself, imitating me.

I didn't look at him - I didn't dare. He sighed once again and flicked his lips. I swallowed very hard while stopping myself to burn in embarrassment.

"Can we start over again?" He suddenly asked, which made me stay still.

"W-what do you mean?"

"I want to be with you again. I want to call you mine again," his voice slowed.

I looked at him when I remembered something. I squinted my eyes and tried to read his mind.

"Are you sure...you don't have a...fiance?"

I'm trying to make sure okay? I don't want to be with him again if he has a girlfriend or what. It's not bad to ask questions, especially if it's needed in times like this.

"Why are you thinking like that? I really don't have a fiance. Really," he is so serious.

"Then...that "love" is not your girlfriend?" I quoted and he nodded.

"She's not my girlfriend..and she would never be," he fixed himself-he's now facing me. He sighed and scratched his eyebrow.

"She's Zayn's ex," aniya na nagpagulat sakin.

"She's the ex that they had been talking to?"

He nodded and my lips parted once more. My forehead creased afterwards.