CHAPTER 36

CHAPTER 36

When I successfully went inside the private room of daddy, I closed my eyes as I recall what happened earlier. I heaved a deep sigh and tried my best to calm myself. When Tita saw me, confusion was plastered on her face. I smiled and walked towards her.

I glanced at daddy who's on the bed with his eyes closed. I sat next to Tita and put my bag on the nearest table. Tita was looking at me, as if she was finding something wrong within me.

"Did something happen?" she asked and I closed my eyes and bit my lips.

"We met, Tita," I witnessed how her eyes widened.

"What's your plan now?"

"I don't know," I sighed." I really really don't know. I'm afraid, Tita. Natatakot ako na kausapin siya. Parang ang laki ng kasalanan ko sa kaniya at wala na akong karapatan pang makipagkita sa kaniya."

"Is it because of what happened before?"

I nodded and looked down." Guilt has been eating me."

"What do you want to do now?"

"I don't know. Kalina asked me about his father and I promised her to meet him soon pero wala pa akong plano kung kailan ko sasabihin kay Zach."

Narinig ko ang malakas na pagsinghap niya.

"Lalo na ngayon at ikakasal na siya," I looked at her."Tita, what do you think should I do?"

"He deserves to know Kalina. He's the father and I'm sure he'll be angry if you do not tell him. He didn't even know that he had a child. You have to tell him. Sooner, the better."

Because of what Tita said to me. I made a decision. I should set aside the guilt that I have been feeling. I should consider the feelings of my daughter. I want her to be happy and seeing her father makes her happier.

When Tita went out to buy something, I was just staring at the ceiling while thinking of the best things to do. When Tita went back, umalis na rin kaagad ako. Naabutan ko si Kalina sa bahay na naglalaro. Since her first day of school, minsan nalang kung ako ang susundo sa kaniya. The twins has been taking good care of her.

They are so fond of my daughter. When Kalina saw me walking towards her, she smiled and ran to me. I hugged her as her tiny hands embraced my neck.

"How was your school?"

"It was so fun, mom. I had a chance to talk to my classmates but it was so hard because I couldn't understand them properly."

Nakagat ko ang labi ko sa sinabi niya. I don't know what to say. I taught her some tagalog words before but just the basic one's and not all the time we always talk in tagalog. Ngayon lang ako nakaramdam ng panghihinayang na hindi ko siya tinuruan na magtagalog ng maayos.

"Do you want to know how to speak tagalog?" I gently asked as I caressed her back and she nodded cheerfully.

"Yes, please. I already know the basics, like what you taught me before but I forgot some of it. It would be better and more convenient for me to talk to my classmates if I know how to speak tagalog."

"Then we'll learn tagalog. Not just the basic one's, this time. Is that okay with you?"

"Of course, mom," she smiled. "And, oh, I already have a friend there, mom. She was so cute and she also speaks English so we always talk all the time."

"Really? Who's this little girl?"

"R-reign.." she couldn't pronounce the name properly, which made me giggle. "..Delfino,"