CHAPTER 17

CHAPTER 17

I closed my eyes and  swallowed the lump in my throat. I don't know what to feel. Napatingin ako kay Zach nang pisilin niya ang kamay ko. I threw a forced smile to him and did my best not to break down.

It's my first time being introduced to the family of my love and I felt insulted on how she treated me. Part of me understands her actions, because we just met a while ago but whenever I forced myself to understand there's still a small part of me that felt rejected.

"It's okay," Zach said, trying to boost my self-confidence.

"I'm okay," I smiled at him.

"Let's start. Some of them are hungry na," sabi ng Mommy ni Zayn.

I smiled to myself when Zach put some veggies on my plate. I feel special about what he's doing.  I mouthed 'thank you' after.

Nang magsimula nang kumain ay nagsimula na rin silang makwentuhan. They started storytelling from how the three delfinos here grew up together and how they bond as one. Nalaman ko rin na may kapatid na lalaki si Zayn. Older brother who's already married.

As the conversation goes on, unti-unti ko ring nalaman kung paano sila lumaki nang magkasabay. They didn't plan on being pregnant together but they were so surprised when they found out.

"Ang saya siguro na sabay kayong tatlong lumaki, ano?" I asked Zach when we're on our way to my house.

"Hmm.. hindi naman," aniya kaya natawa ako.

What he just said is opposite to what I've heard earlier. How I wish I was like them. Growing up with your cousins but I know I can't turn back time. If growing up with my mother is my fate I couldn't change that.

Saka, kailan ko lang din nakilala sina Saturday and Tuesday and I'm happy because I had a chance to meet them even though it's too late--well, not too late.

"See you when I see you?" I asked playfully, earning a shook of head from him.

"See you next next day," aniya kaya napataas ang kilay ko.

"You're busy tomorrow?" I asked, keeping my voice to not be too curious.

"Hmm...I have a matter to attend to," he said and when my eyebrows arced up he smirked. "I'm with my cousins the whole day."

"Alright, see yah then," I unbuckle the seatbelt and was about to get out when he stopped me by clinging his arms to mine.

"Where's my kiss?" he asked and wiggled his eyebrows.

I nodded and leaned closer before giving a peck on his both cheeks. His eyebrows were meeting when I looked at him. I heard a deep sigh from him before shaking his head--seems disappointed.

"What? You're asking for a kiss and I gave you two. It's supposed to be three, right?" I asked innocently.

"Damn..." he said and scooped my nape and showered me with kisses.

"What the!" sinamaan ko siya ng tingin at sumulyap sa paligid. Nasa labas kami ng bahay at baka makita kami.

Before he can kiss me again lumabas na ako at kumaway saka naglakad paalis. I heard his laughter and I just rolled my eyes.

Nang sumapit ang hapunan ay nakinig lang ako sa kanilang nag-uusap. They're planning some vacation and I can't even relate.

"So..what about you?" Rainier swayed his head to me and squinted his eyes.

"What.. about me?" napataas ang kilay ko habang iniikot ang pagkain sa kutsara.

"Where do you wanna spend your vacation?" he asked and I just shrugged.