CHAPTER 38

CHAPTER 38

I was woken up when I heard a little voice in our room. My forehead creased and opened my one eye. Nakita ko si Kalina na tinutulungan ni Zach na isuot ang kaniyang damit.

I groaned and yawned. They both looked at me and Kalina suddenly threw a smile. She cheerfully went to my side and turned around as she let me see his dress.

"I already took a bath, mom," she said and glanced at Zach. "I don't have to wait for you to wake up, from now on, daddy could help me taking a bath."

I smiled and fixed the hair that's covering her face. His eyes sparkled in happiness. I looked at Zach when he stood up.

"Kailangan kong pumasok sa opisina mamaya. I'll send Kalina to school first."

"Okay," I said and sat down on the bed.

Nauna na sila sa ibaba kasi kailangan ko pang ayusin ang sarili at ang hinigaan namin. After taking a bath and fixing myself, I went downstairs and I saw them on the dining table together with my brother.

I cleared my throat as I stride towards the dining. I sat beside Kalina who's attentive to her food.

"What's your plan today?" my brother looked at me.

" I will go to the hospital,"I answered.

My plan is what I always do-going to the hospital and fetching Kalina from school. I looked at Zach when he's looking at me like he was examining my face.

Because of what he did, bigla akong nakaramdam ng pagkakailang. I don't know why he has to look at me like that. Those stares that I missed for years. Those stares that can make my heart skip.

I missed those stares.

"I'll send you to the hospital," he said when we finished eating our breakfast.

He was holding the bag of our daughter. I cleared my throat and looked at Kalina who's throwing glances everywhere.

"Hindi ba nakakaabala? Hindi ka ba mala-late?"

"It's okay. I have a lot of time," he said and turned to Kalina. "Let's go."

When we're on our way to the school, I was silent and Kalina kept on asking things she needed to know about her father.

"When did you two get married?" she suddenly said that caught my attention.

"Kalina.." saway ko sa kaniya but my face betrayed me.

I feel my cheeks burning hot as well as my neck and ears. I didn't budge to look at Zach when I heard him chuckles.

I don't know how I can explain to my daughter that his dad is getting married to another woman. I'm sure she will be very sad.

When we reached the school, I send Kalina to her room while Zach was on his phone. Probably, his secretary who's calling. Bumalik din kaagad ako sa kotse at naroon na si Zach na nag-aabang sa akin.

While on our way to the hospital, I was just quiet all along. I saw him throw a glance at me but I just shrugged it away and never bothered to assume things.

"Where's your next plan after going to the hospital?" he asked when he couldn't hold the silence anymore.

"I don't know."

"Can I have Kalina with me tomorrow?" he asked and I looked at him and nodded. "I'll just introduce her to my family."

I bit my lips and nodded before I looked away. He has to introduce Kalina. I wonder what would be the reaction of his family, especially, his mother.