CHAPTER 27

CHAPTER 27

"Let's break up. Tapusin na natin 'tong walang kwenta nating relasyon," bigla nalang iyong lumabas sa bibig ko.

I saw his jaw dropped and stilled in place. I looked away and busied myself on looking at the surroundings to stop my burst out. Sobrang sakit. Ang sakit pala ng ganito.

"W-why?"

I looked down and my throat went dry. I feel my feet trembling as well as my hands. I fisted my both hands to calm myself in place.

"I don't want to break up."

"Sabi mo mahal mo ako--"

"Yes, I love you," he interrupted.

"Then let me go! If you really love me you will let me go!"

"I love you that's why I won't let you go," malumanay na sabi niya at lumapit sa akin."Do you understand? I won't let you leave me because I love you."

"Hahayaan mo akong masakatan? I am hurting, Zach! Kaya mo akong itali sa relasyon na ito kahit na nasasaktan na ako?"

"Is this because of what I said? Dahil ba 'to sa sinabi ko dati? Then I'm sorry, just...just...don't leave me."

"I'm hurting, Zach. At hindi lang ito dahil doon. Naisip ko lang na kaya siguro lagi tayong humahantong sa ganito kasi hindi talaga tayo ang para sa isa't isa. Maybe we're not compatible for each other o baka pinilit lang natin 'to dahil lang may gusto tayo sa isa't isa. Maybe this isn't love.. it's just infatuation, Zach."

"I know it's not! I love you and I know that. I can feel the love."

"Then maybe it's just within me. Maybe I'm the one who's not enough. Baka ako lang ang hindi para sayo."

"Why did you suddenly want to break up with me? Why so sudden, Rain? We were okay right?"

"We were okay?" I laughed sarcastically, the tears started to flow. "Zach, we weren't. We're not okay."

"Rain...bakit biglang nagkaganito? Ano ang nagawa ko? Just tell me, please?"

His blood shot eyes were looking intently at me. His shivering lips were very evident. I looked away.

"May nagawa ba akong mali?" malumanay na sabi niya at hinawakan ako sa balikat. "May hindi ka ba nagustuhan? Sabihin mo lang, babaguhin ko."

"Zach, please."

"Or is it me--myself. I know I'm not perfect, Rain," he sniffed. "And you know that. You told me you will love me for who I am and don't change myself. I wanted to change myself, Rain, but when you said you will accept me for who I am, I believe in you but what just happened? I thought you would accept my imperfections, Rain--including my wrong choices--but why are we in this situation?"

I bit my lips and closed my eyes as I felt the tremble of my shoulder and the sobbed that's coming from my mouth. The way he talks was full of pain. His face turned red and his eyes were moist with tears.

"But if you insist," he sniffed again. "And I'm the reason of the pain that I'm causing you, I'm ready to let you go pero hindi pa ngayon. Not now, Rain. Ayoko ngayon, I'm still not ready to tell myself that I don't have you anymore."

"Z-Zach,"I sobbed. " I love you. I really really do. But I think I'm not enough for you. It's not your fault it's mine. Kasalanan ko kasi masyado akong mataas kung umasa at nasasaktan ako dahil hindi ko nakuha ang expectations ko. Ayoko kasing lumalapit ka sa ibang babae."

"You don't want me to come near Nailah, ayaw mo sa kaniya."

"I'm insecure of her, I know that because she's the girl that every man's dream. She's perfect while I'm just...me. Aside from that she's close to your mom. Hindi ko gusto na kapag lumalapit ka sa kaniya ay baka maagaw ka niya sa akin. Hindi kasi ako yung tipo ng tao na madali magustuha. I'm not perfect, I'm really not."