𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

"I got Nobody!" Polyphemus gloated

They crept to the cave entrance and saw the Cyclops, grinning wickedly, holding up empty air. The monster shook his fist and a baseball cap fluttered to the ground. There was Annabeth, hanging upside down by her legs.

"Hah!" the Cyclops said. "Nasty invisible girl! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!"

Annabeth struggled, but she looked dazed. She had a nasty cut on her forehead. Her eyes were glassy.

"I'll rush him," Percy whispered to Clarisse. "Warren can take you to our ship, it's around the back of the island. You and Grover—"

"No way," Warren protested. "I'm staying."

"We'll take him together," Clarisse nodded.

"Yeah," Grover said. Then he blinked, like he couldn't believe he'd just agreed with Clarisse about something.

Clarisse armed herself with a brutal looking ram's-horn spear from the Cyclops's cave. Grover found a sheep's thigh bone, which he didn't look too happy about, but he gripped it like a club, ready to attack.

"All right," Percy said. He turned to Warren, "Attack plan Macedonia?"

She nodded. They'd all taken the same training courses at Camp Half-Blood, so everyone understood. The rest of them would sneak around either side and attack the Cyclops from the flanks while Percy held his attention in the front.

He hefted his sword and shouted, "Hey, Ugly!"

The giant whirled toward him. "Another one? Who are you?"

"I'm the one who insulted you!"

"You are Nobody?"

"That's right! I'm Nobody and I'm proud of it! Now, put down my friend and get over here, so I can stab your eye out again."

Polyphemus bellowed so loud the ground shook. He dropped Annabeth and she hit the ground hard, cracking her head against the rocks.

Warren felt her stomach twist as she saw the girl's body lie motionless, but Polyphemus charged and she didn't have time to think. All she could do was ready her weapon to fight.

Grover rushed in from the right. He threw his sheep bone, which bounced harmlessly off the monster's forehead.

Clarisse ran in from the left and stabbed Polyphemus through the foot with her spear. He wailed in pain, and Clarisse dove out of the way to avoid getting trampled. But the Cyclops just plucked out the shaft like a large splinter and kept advancing on Percy.

Warren moved in with Ravager. The monster made a grab for her, but she rolled aside and hacked him in the back of the knee with her blade, releasing a flow of hideous green blood. He wobbled unsteadily and roared, but it was obvious that he was more angry than injured.