𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

Warren shifted on the couch, groggy and disoriented

Warren shifted on the couch, groggy and disoriented. Early afternoon sunlight slanted in from the large Plaza windows. The cut on her arm ached savagely in protest to her movement. It was as if her very bones were sore, and even the effort of righting herself into a sitting position left her dizzy.

She looked around the room. Warren was alone, save for a Hunter's wolf standing guard at the door. Then something caught her eye. On the coffee table in front of her was a pink envelope. There was no name on it, no return to sender address. She was sure it hadn't been there the night before.

Curiously, Warren reached for the envelope. She slipped her finger under the corner and broke the seal. The stationary smelled faintly of roses. Inside, written on a small piece of paper, were two words in an elegant script:

 Inside, written on a small piece of paper, were two words in an elegant script:

As Warren's eyes traced the cursive, she felt a sharp sting in her hand. A hiss escaped her lips, and blood seeped into the edge of the letter. Just a papercut. But then the most peculiar thing happened. The blood disappeared into the paper, and with it went Warren's pain. Her wound stopped throbbing. Her head no longer swam.

Warren gaped at the letter, then at her arm. She shifted her shoulder experimentally. There was some resistance, she wasn't completely healed, but Warren could work with this. She was no longer out of commission.

"Thank you," Warren whispered, pressing a kiss to the letter.

Then the double-doors to the room swung open. Thalia walked in.

"Good, you're up," she said. "How're you feeling?"

"Fine," Warren said, standing and stretching.

"Glad to hear it, because we've got visitors."

"Visitors?"

Thalia nodded grimly. "A Titan wants to see Percy, under a flag of truce. He's got a message from Kronos."

They could see the white flag from half a mile away. It was as big as a soccer field, carried by a thirty-foot tall giant with bright blue skin and icy gray hair.