𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭

The next morning, Warren told Grover and Percy about her dreams

The next morning, Warren told Grover and Percy about her dreams. She was surprised to learn that Percy had also seen Annabeth in the cave, but his dream had ended there. He didn't have any one-on-one conversations with Luke. And the boys' reaction to her news were mixed to say the least.

They sat in the meadow after breakfast and watched the satyrs chase the wood nymphs through the snow. Grover twirled a finger in his shaggy leg fur pensively. "So you could talk to each other, but you're sure you were dreaming?" he asked Warren.

"Yeah, it was the weirdest thing. My first dream was like...yanked out from under me and I fell into a new one."

Grover shook his head. "It sounds like, well, it sounds like synántisi ton myaloú."

"What the heck is that?"

"It means 'a meeting of the minds'."

Warren furrowed her brow. "And that would be?"

"Your dad has visited you in your dreams before, right?"

She nodded.

"It's like that," he said. "When you're asleep, your mind is open, less guarded. So if you and Luke were both asleep, theoretically, you could have entered his."

"Entered his mind," she said flatly, looking at Grover like he'd grown a third horn.

"Do you even know how to do that?" Percy asked.

"Of course not," Warren said. "I didn't even know it was possible until two seconds ago."

"Do you think it was Kronos? He could've been manipulating you again."

"I don't think so," she said. "It didn't feel like that. It wasn't evil, just jarring."

"Maybe it was a god," Grover shrugged.

"But why—" Warren started, then paused. Suddenly it all made sense. "Hermes. It must've been Hermes."

"Does this have anything to do with the prophecy you refuse to tell me about?" Percy asked. She bit her cheek and looked away.

Grover frowned, confused. "What prophecy?"

"Exactly," Percy said dryly.

"I'm not supposed to say!"

"But..." he prompted. Percy's green eyes were begging her to let him in, to trust him with the truth.

Maybe, for now, he could handle just a bit of it.

"But," Warren finally said. "After our last quest, Hermes sort of stopped by to talk. He asked me for a favor."

Grover frowned. "That's never good."

"I didn't promise him anything," Warren assured them. "But he, um, he wanted me to try and persuade Luke to leave Kronos."

"Persuade him how?" Percy asked.