𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

"You've already got Warren's dad on your bad side," Thalia reminded Percy as they trudged toward the cabins

"You've already got Warren's dad on your bad side," Thalia reminded Percy as they trudged toward the cabins. "You need another immortal enemy?"

"I know," Percy kicked the ground. "It's just so unfair."

Thalia stopped by the armory and looked out across the valley, toward the top of Half-Blood Hill. Her pine tree was still there. The Golden Fleece glittered in its lowest branch.

"Everything is unfair," Thalia muttered. "Sometimes I wish..." She didn't finish, but her tone was so sad, so broken.

"We'll get Annabeth back," Percy promised. "I don't know how yet, but we will."

"First I found out that Luke is lost," Thalia said. "Now Annabeth—"

"We can't afford to think like that," Warren insisted. "We'll tear the earth apart until Abs is home safe."

"You're right." Thalia straightened up. "Whatever it takes."

Over at the basketball court, a few of the Hunters were shooting hoops. One of them was arguing with Ellis, Warren's brother. He had his hand on his sword and the Hunter girl looked like she was going to exchange her basketball for a bow and arrow any second.

"I'll break that up," Warren sighed. "You guys circulate around the cabins. Tell everybody about capture the flag tomorrow."

"All right," Percy said. "See you at dinner."

She agreed, then dashed off toward her brother.

Ellis's spine was stiff and his jaw was set as he glared down at the Hunter. It was the same blonde girl who had told Warren to put pressure on her wound. She couldn't have been more than eleven.

"You do not want to start shit with me, little girl. I'll drag you all over this court," Ellis said.

"I'd like to see you try. You're nothing more than an overgrown mutt."

"That's it—" He drew his sword. Warren called out, "Ellis! What are you doing?"

He paused, surprised to see her, but his scowl didn't falter. "Teaching Bow and Arrow Barbie a lesson."

"Oh no you're not," Warren said, grabbing hold of his arm.

Ellis tried to shake her off. "C'mon, Ren! Let go!"

"Save it for tomorrow, okay? We're playing capture the flag. You can beat up all the Hunters you want then."

He looked down at his sister, then at the young girl. She had her arms crossed and a daring glint in her blue eyes. It must've taken every ounce of his willpower, but finally Ellis conceded. He sheathed his sword.

"Fine. But you're dead, got it kid? Ares is going to crush you."

The Hunter smiled. "I'm looking forward to it."