𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙣

Warren's stomach was in knots as she was dragged back to the ranch house

Warren's stomach was in knots as she was dragged back to the ranch house. The sun was already beginning to sink, Percy would only have a few hours at most.

She wished there was something she could do. Warren wanted nothing more than to run her axe through Geryon, grab Nico and her friends, and get the hell out of there. But she had to trust Percy. He would be fine. He was always fine.

Once the moo-mobile came to a stop, Geryon ordered Eurytion to tie them up.

"Why?" Warren provoked him. "Scared you can't take us?"

"Your weapons ain't got nothin' on me, little darlin," he smirked, grabbing her chin between his fingers.

Warren snapped at him, sinking her incisors deep into his skin. Geryon hollered in pain and blood coated her tongue. She spat it onto his cowboy boots.

"Put a muzzle on that one," he snarled at Eurytion, nursing his finger and storming off into the house.

Euryton gave one low whistle, a small chuckle, and grabbed a long stretch of rope off his hip.

"Why do you listen to that creep?" Warren asked, feeling the sting of rough fibers cutting into her skin as she was hogtied to Annabeth.

"Work is work," he hummed.

"There's got to be better than this. Chiron could hire you."

Euryton snorted. "That old horse's ass? No thanks."

"But—" he stuffed a red paisley bandana into her mouth.

"Look kid, I appreciate it. But worry about yourself."

Warren glowered, gagged and bound. The sun was touching the hills now. She would worry about herself, right after she stopped worrying about Percy.

The minutes stretched on and the sky burned orange. Geryon reappeared, finger bandaged, and began to set up an old oil drum that had been converted into a meat smoker. He sent nasty glances their way, as if he couldn't wait to auction them off to Kronos.

"You're despicable," Annabeth seethed.

"And you're annoying. We've all got issues." He slapped a few enormous steaks onto the barbeque, no doubt the meat of Apollo's prized livestock.

"You're going to pay for this!" Grover yelled. "You're—"

"Euryton!" Garyon drawled, cutting off the satyr in a bored voice. "We're gonna need a couple more gags over here. All this talk's fixin to spoil my dinner."

The sun sizzled into the horizon. Warren anxiously stared at the fading light. Percy would be out of time soon. But then, just in the nick of time, he appeared. He looked angry and tired and was drenched in sweat.