𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

Warren yanked her arm free of Clarisse's grip as they walked toward the cabin pavilion

"What was that all about?" she demanded. "And since when are you and Annabeth all buddy buddy?"

"We've been helping each other out, that's all," Clarisse said.

"With what?"

"Just stuff, alright."

Warren's brow twitched. "I'm getting real sick of people not telling me things."

"It's not my fault you wanted to go to mortal school and play kissy face with your boyfriend," Clarisse snapped. "Maybe you'd be up to speed if you actually stayed at camp."

"Chiron told me to go!"

"Yeah, whatever."

Warren's sour mood went from bad to worse when she arrived at the Ares cabin. It was great to see her siblings, but it was not so great to see the room in absolute shambles.

Naomi was hastily shoving muddy boots and javelin tips under her bunk, and Mark was trying to throw a broken bow out of the back window. Maya had a stack of laundry as tall as herself, and Warren's bunk, well....it was exactly as she'd left it six months ago: bed unmade, a dozen dirty mugs on the side table, potato chip bags and dirty socks tossed everywhere.

"Silena is inspecting," Ellis said in a panic. "Hurry."

Silena was a really nice girl, but she was a huge neat freak, and one of the harshest inspectors. Warren cursed. How was it fair that she'd just gotten to camp and now she had to deal with this? But she had no choice.

In a hurry, Warren yanked the spare duffle bag out from under her bunk and started throwing everything in it. Even the mugs that looked more like fuzzy petri dishes, she tossed them all in and hastily kicked it under the bed, right as the cabin door swung open.

"Hey guys," Silena said in her high, pretty voice.

"Sup," Mark replied, leaning casually in front of the window to hide the pile of trash he'd thrown outside.

"Well doesn't this look...nice," she said, surveying the room. It was clean enough, but Silena sniffed. "What's that smell?"

"Blood," Clarisse replied with pride, tossing her breastplate at the Aphrodite girl. It hit her square in the chest and she let out a delicate oof. "And sweat. The smell of a real hero."

"Well it wouldn't kill you to light a candle."

"Right," Clarisse said. "We'll get right on that."

Silena clicked her pen, scribbled something on her notepad, and tossed her hair. "I'd go with lavender. It should cover up all the...heroics."

As she turned to leave, she put her hand on Warren's arm. "Can I just say, you and Percy are like, the cutest."

"Uh, thanks," Warren replied awkwardly.