𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

The demigods and the Hunters stood at the edge of the cliff in anticipation of daybreak

The demigods and the Hunters stood at the edge of the cliff in anticipation of daybreak. Warren fidgeted, scuffing her boots against the snow. Finally the sky began to lighten.

Artemis muttered, "About time. He's so-o-o lazy during the winter."

"You're, um, waiting for sunrise?" Percy asked.

"For my brother. Yes."

He didn't want to be rude. Percy knew the legends about Apollo, or sometimes Helios, driving a big sun chariot across the sky. But he also knew that the sun was really a star about a zillion miles away. Percy had gotten used to some of the Greek myths being true, but still...he didn't see how Apollo could drive the sun.

"It's not exactly as you think," Artemis said, like she was reading his mind.

"Oh, okay. So, it's not like he'll be pulling up in a—"

There was a sudden burst of light on the horizon. A blast of warmth.

"Don't look," Artemis advised him. "Not until he parks."

"What do you mean—"

Warren grabbed the back of Percy's head and shoved it down, just before the light reached its blinding peak. He gave a small squawk of protest, but didn't fight her as the wave of heat hit. The inferno intensified until it was nearly unbearable, threatening to melt flesh from bone. Then suddenly the light died. The air cooled.

Warren looked up and released the back of Percy's head. In front of them was the most badass car they'd ever seen: a red convertible Maserati Spyder. The metal was so hot that it glowed, the snow around it melted in a perfect circle.

But even more impressive than the car, was the driver. He looked about seventeen or eighteen, with sandy blonde hair and gleaming tan skin. The young god got out and smiled a brilliant smile.

"Wow," Thalia muttered. "Apollo is hot."

"He's the sun god," Percy said.

Warren smirked, eyeing the golden man up and down. "That's not what she meant."

Percy made a disgruntled sound in the back of his throat and muttered something about not understanding girls, but it was drowned out as Apollo spoke.

"Little sister!" he called. If his teeth were any whiter he could've blinded them without the sun car. "What's up? You never call. You never write. I was getting worried!"

Artemis sighed. "I'm fine, Apollo. And I am not your little sister."

"Hey, I was born first."

"We're twins! How many millennia do we have to argue—"

"So what's up?" he interrupted. "Got the girls with you, I see. You all need some tips on archery?"

Artemis grit her teeth. "I need a favor. I have some hunting to do, alone. I need you to take my companions to Camp Half-Blood."