𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

Neon lights illuminated the motel room and washed across a pair of lovers, hopelessly entangled in a set of pink satin sheets

Neon lights illuminated the motel room and washed across a pair of lovers, hopelessly entangled in a set of pink satin sheets. It was an out of the way type of place that had mirrors above the bed and a heart shaped bathtub, but it suited their needs just fine. It wasn't often that Ares and Aphrodite had time alone together, just the two of them. But even gods needed a moment to catch their breath, and eventually the couple parted. Aphrodite laid her head across Ares's chest and sighed contentedly.

"Darling," she said after a long stretch of silence.

"Hmm?"

"Your daughter, Warren, how old is she now?"

He furrowed his brow, "I don't know. Eight? Ten?"

"No," Aphrodite shook her head. "That doesn't sound right."

"What does it matter? I didn't come here to talk about my kids. I came here to do this..."

Ares leaned over and pressed his lips to the swell of Aphrodite's chest, trailing up and up and up until he reached her mouth. She giggled into the kiss, then pushed him back with a delicate shove.

"Darling, I'm serious."

Ares groaned and rolled onto his back. "Fine, let me think. Fifteen maybe?"

"Fifteen!" Aphrodite squealed with delight. "I can work with that."

"Dite..." The god said dangerously. He knew that tone, and it meant nothing good.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"I don't want you meddling."

"It's not meddling! Every flower blooms, dear. Some just need a little extra attention."

"Whatever you're thinking, Dite," Ares warned, "don't."

The goddess pouted. "Would you mind terribly if I just gave her a tiny, itty bitty nudge?"

Aphrodite's eyes shone a hundred different colors beneath the neon lights and her bottom lip jutted out just so; she was the definition of perfection. And when she looked at Ares like that, he knew he could never say no to her.

"You'll be the death of me, woman," he grumbled. "I swear you will."

A breathtaking smile broke across Aphrodite's face, and she flung her arms around Ares.

The goddess was practically glowing as she pressed a kiss to the edge of his jaw and said, "I knew you'd see things my way!"

Hundreds of miles away, Warren Walker slept soundly in her bed. She breathed evenly, in and out, her dark hair tangled across her pillowcase like seaweed. And as Warren dreamed, she was completely unaware of the glittering golden mist that descended upon her body.