Chapter 31: Sneaking Out Gives us a lot Of Different Emotions

~   Clay's POV   ~

I woke up to the sun shining into my room, practically blinding me. I groan, knowing I should wake up, but I don't want to. Maybe a few more minutes?

Just as I was about to doze off again, I heard a knock on my door, "Who is it?" I asked, trying to hide the annoyed tone that almost came out.

"Sorry, Prince Clay but your parents said it's time for breakfast." I hear someone say, I get up and look at a maid, I nod, and she leaves as fast as she came.

I got ready for breakfast, doing the same thing every day. Getting dressed, throwing on my cape, fixing my hair, and getting ready to get asked the same question 'how are you?'

I walk into the dining room, seeing my parents eating in silence. What did I expect? I go to sit down and like always my dad asked the famous question, "How are you, Clay?"

Great, I'm about to sneak out and see the person I haven't stopped thinking about for days! "I'm good, I was planning on reading and training today." he nods, and we continue to eat in silence.

~

It's around noon and I haven't done anything but read and train. I decided I should go rest so I was energized to actually go through with my plan.

I get into comfortable clothes and get under the covers, I sigh and look at the ceiling, just thinking before I take a rest.

I wonder how George will react when I just show up at his window at 2AM, he would probably freak out, wouldn't he? I wish I could alert him about my plan, but I can't.

I just have to wish and pray that he is awake, it's very unlikely he will be but there is a chance. I really hope he stays up late or I would have to make another plan. I finally decide to sleep and just stop thinking for the moment.

~   George's POV   ~

I was so bored that it hurt. Karl sadly had to do more guard work today, so I wasn't able to hang out today and I had nothing else to do, except read.

I loved reading but sometimes it got super annoying, especially if you HAD to read every day because you'd get a lecture if you didn't.

It was mostly my father that lectured me, my mother never did because she felt sort of bad that I didn't have much to do but my father would lose it if she ever let me do something other than reading.

My father wasn't harmful, but he was one of THOSE royals, the ones that just like being king because he was famous and well-liked. I didn't want to become him one bit.

My father and I were never close, we only talked when we were in the dining room or when he came up to my room to lecture me.

As for my mother and I, we were sort of close. She talked to me in the dining room, in the library, or in my room.

She's mostly busy because of being Queen but she never pushed away her son. I sucked that my family and I weren't close, but I didn't mind.

The only person I've gotten close with is Karl and of course Dream. I smiled remembering how quick we clicked. And to think I was worrying!

I started reading, smiling. My thoughts caught up to me quickly though. What if Dream doesn't want to see me again?

I hope he does, he promised. Then again, I was used to promises getting broken. But he seemed... genuine?

I really hoped he wanted to see me again, maybe he's thinking of ways to see me? I hope so.

I wonder what he's doing right now, it's probably more exciting then reading about a little romance book. I wonder if Dream likes romance books? I loved them in my opinion.

I continue reading with a content smile thinking about Dream.

~   Clay's POV   ~

I was about 7:47PM, I realized it would soon be dinner, so I got ready and waited for it to hit 8:00PM.

Right as the clock hit 8PM I heard a knock at my door "Come in!" I say, I turn to see of course a maid, "Hello Prince Clay, dinner is ready." she says, I nod, and she leaves.

I head downstairs and sit at the dining table; my dad asks how I am. I say I'm good, we eat in silence. I wish we were more like a family.

~

After dinner I check the time, 5 hours until it's time. I started planning the things I need to sneak out.

Finding black clothing to make it hard to see me if there is anyone awake, figuring a way to walk to George's castle, everything you needed to plan to sneak out.

After I finished planning it was 11PM, I now had 3 hours. I might as well read. I pull out a romance book, I wonder if George likes romance books?

I personally loved romance books because it makes you feel happy and content but sometimes it reminds you how lonely you are. It's funny really, a book reminding you how lonely you are.

I push back my thoughts and read, the time going rather quickly. I was on chapter 48 and checked the time, 1:36AM. I sigh happily and put away the book, marking where I stopped.

I got dressed into the black clothing, getting everything ready to sneak out. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous; I mean the plan is planned in every detail, but it was still nerve racking but...

Exciting.

I check the time. 1:51AM, I quickly climb down from my balcony, making sure I'm careful but quiet. I finally reach the grass below and sigh a quiet sigh of relief.

I peak to see if the guards are sleeping and luckily, they were. Phew, that's an even bigger relief. I make my way to the path to George's castle. I'm bouncing with excitement, happiness, and nervousness.

But I'm so, so ready.

Don't worry Georgie, I'll see you soon.

---------------------

Word count: 1,045