Chapter 43: Why Do You Deal With It?

Tw: Swearing (don't worry guys you won't cry. you will most definitely get mad, but not cry)

~   George's POV   ~

I awoke from the lights blinding my eyesight, I yawn and get up, stretching. I really don't want to wake up but I knew I would have to get up. I sighed and went over to my dresser, changing into my formal clothing.

I put on my cloak and brushed my hair, I headed over to my mirror and checked if I looked good. I fixed up my hair and went to my desk to read before my mother got me for breakfast. I really didn't want to eat but I knew my mother would pester me about it.

~

A knock filled my ears, I checked the time. It was around 9 so I knew it was my mother so I told her she could come in. "Hi darling... how are you?" she asked softly. "I'm feeling a bit better." I said. She nodded and it looked like she needed to say something.

"Mother, if you need to say something then go ahead." I said, turning my head to her and smiling softly. She sighed and smiled "You've always known when something was wrong." she said, shaking her head happily.

Her smile faltered when she looked at me, then it completely fell. "It's your father. You know how he is. Before I tried to ignore how he acted but now..." she looked towards my bed, breaking eye contact.

"I can't take it." she said, void of any emotions. I've never seen my mother like this, ever. She's always up-beat and cheerful but right now? She seems broken, void of feeling anything. She looked back at me with glassy eyes. "I can't take it." she repeated, quieter.

I was quick to hug her. "Then why do you, mom?" I asked, losing the formal act. "You know I can't do anything, he'll start a war, that's the only reason why I married him." She said, sadness lacing her words.

"But mom, you've seen our guards, they are the strongest you and I have seen. I can't stand to see you like this mom and um..." I paused. I needed to tell her. I let her go backing up and looking down, she had a confused look.

"I think I'm gay." I said, looking back up at her face. My mother had a surprised look but soon after her eyes softened and she smiled. "It's Prince Clay. Isn't it? The one who helped you figure it out?" she asked, happy.

I nodded and she threw me in a hug, making me start to cry a bit. "I'm so proud of you for telling me... Gogy." she said, she hasn't called me that since I was little, it made me happy. She looked back and looked at me.

"H-he was the person in your room that night, wasn't he?" she asked, I nodded again. My eyes flickered down and after a few moments I looked back up since it was silence, my mothers eyes were weirdly filled with determination. "I need to stop this madness with your father, it's gone long enough." She paused, moving out of the hug.

"Pretend like this entire conversion didn't happen around him. I'll get him away from this kingdom." She said, placing a hand on my cheek "For you and Prince Clay." She said with a soft smile and multiple tears ran down my cheek. "Thank you, mom." I sobbed out.

She hugged me once more, a quick and short hug then pulled away once more. "Okay, clear your face and come down for breakfast, and remember. Pretend this entire conversion didn't happen around him." She said and turned to leave the room.

I cleared my tears and followed after her, walking down the spiral shaped stairs. We soon got to the dining room and my mother sat on the end of the table like always and I went to sit in the middle chairs.

"Hello... son." My father said, annoyance lacing his words. "Hello." I said vaguely, wanting the awkward conversion to end quickly. I looked at my mother and I saw her glaring in my father direction, I looked to see my father giving her the same look.