Chapter 40: A Walk And A Thought

Tw: Homophobia (no slurs!)

~   George's POV   ~

I headed into the forest once again, heading back to my castle. I really didn't want to leave but I knew we can't always get what we want. I was proud of tonight's events either way! But still... I was going to miss him, like always.

I was quite surprised that I wasn't caught if I was quite honest. I was never good at sneaking around, at all. I was actually pretty proud! I wondered if my mother would... Let me talk to Dream? I really hoped so.

I was really happy about Dream thinking about doing dates, I wonder what he would come up with? I just had to hope that my mother would think about it. I mean, they don't know who was in my room, and they won't know. I'm too stubborn to actually tell them.

My mother was a bit more caring than my father. My mother always thought that whatever I didn't want to tell I shouldn't because it is your choice to decide if you wanted to tell that person. I was glad that my mom was like that because it helps my case.

Even though my mother was the one who doesn't like me going out a lot, she's still kind and RESPECTS privacy, unlike someone I knew. I rolled my eyes thinking about what happened earlier that day.

I still couldn't believe what happened. I couldn't believe my father treated me like that, he treated me like some 15-year-old! I needed to get it off my mind, but I couldn't, did he not see I was old enough to be dating someone!? I mean I knew I was a prince but, can you blame me?

I was locked in my room, my only company was books, thinking, and hanging out with Karl. Karl already had so much to do so I was only left with books and thinking. So obviously if some guy (or who they think is a girl) shows me love I'm obviously going to break rules!

Wait, I just realized. What does this mean for my sexuality? I honestly didn't even know; all I knew is that I liked Dream. No one else, just Dream. I mean, it could mean I'm gay, I never really found girls attractive.

I knew my father wouldn't like that one bit. My father never said, 'prince and prince' or 'princess and princess' just 'prince and princess' because he always said, "it's not normal for two genders to be together, especially if you're a ruler of a kingdom!" It always made my blood boil.

My mother was totally different, she always said "you can love whoever you want, race, gender, personality. Only if you're happy." I felt bad for my mother, she and my dad were forced to marry, they're totally different. She somehow ended up loving him though, but maybe she's faking.

I was happy that I was able to at least be able to pick who I wanted to marry. I had no one in mind. But Dream. But what about Dream's parents? What would they think? I knew that a lot of people didn't have good opinions on that kind of stuff.

No. Who cares what they think? I would choose whoever I wanted to marry when it was time to choose! I would choose Dream if everything went well then, I would! I shook my head, it's too early to think about that.

I really needed to get away from my thoughts. I walked faster to my castle, I knew I had to get there quicker so no animals found me or anything. The forest was beautiful but dangerous, it was hard to not come out here at night.

~

I soon saw my castle in the distance and started walking quicker. I almost tripped but I luckily caught myself and continued walking to the castle. My tiredness was coming quickly, I felt my eyes slowly growing heavy.

I finally got to the vines and climbed up them as quickly and as carefully as I could. I got back to my window that was still wide open, I climbed through the window and placed my feet onto the floor, steadying myself onto the floor.

I put my dagger onto the desk along with my pocket-watch and took off my shoes. I changed my clothes and put on my shirt and pants, then I headed under my covers, enjoying the warmth it brought me.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I was exhausted and so ready to sleep, I turned onto my side and fell into a deep sleep. I was expecting a dream or something along the lines of that, but nope. It was just black, I didn't mind, it was just... different.

--------------------------------------

Word count: 824

A/N: I know, I know short chapter. I wrote this at like 2am hehehe oops no sleep gang ig