Chapter 54: A Beautiful Memory

~ George's POV ~

Me and Dream had been dating for 7 months now, we were doing really well and we were so happy, we did have our occasional fight but it was always something small. We were still winning the war but it was still going on, Douglas couldn't admit a loss so he kept getting more and more people. They all sucked in the end.

Dream had told his parents about me and him being together, they were surprised, of course but they were supportive. Bad and Skeppy were 8 months into their relationship and they were doing amazing, Sapnap and Karl were both 7 months into their relationship and were also doing amazing.

Puffy said she was fine with being single around us, Ranboo and Tubbo said they were 'platonically married' and Tommy said she had a 'girl' but he brought in a pumpkin with a wood body. I'd say we were all doing well. My mother ended up falling in love with someone from Prince Clay's kingdom, a gardener and a flower shop owner, the rivalry between each of our people was a bit better but there were some people that still didn't like us.

Me, Karl, and Ranboo were going over to see Dream, Bad, Skeppy, Puffy, and possibly Tommy and Tubbo. I was excited just as Karl, we were walking in the halls to the front entrance in a comfortable silence.

"Hey Karl?" I said quietly, breaking the silent mood. "Yeah?" Karl asked back. "Do you remember when we had that party? I didn't think we would get this far with them, but look at us," I said, pausing to laugh lightly "it's crazy really, I never thought I would ever date someone but here we are." I said, I looked at Karl and he was smiling softly "Are you proud of me?" I asked suddenly, his eyes widened but he quickly changed his expression "George, of course I'm proud of you. I had a feeling you and Dream would be something more than friends right when you guys looked at each other, and I was right." Karl said, turning away, smiling.

"I love him Karl." I said, he looked back at me again, his smile still apparent "I know you do George, you would have to be blind to not see that you love him." Karl said, a soft smile still glued onto his face. I smiled and sighed contently we continued down the halls in the silence, happiness radiating off of both of us from the memories.

~

We soon got to Dream's castle, the guards didn't even ask us questions or hold us back anymore since they have seen us basically everyday for a year. We walked in and Dream greeted me like he always did, a tight hug, a kiss, and a kiss on the hand "Hi, my love." Dream coo in my ear causing me to blush "Hi Dreamy." I replied with a smile on my face accompanied by a blush on my cheeks.

"Oh come on now, we've been dating for 7 months and know together for 2 and you still get embarrassed?" Dream said teasingly, I rolled my eyes and smiled "It's not my fault, I can't control how hot you are." I said with a wink along with a jokingly laugh "Thanks for the compliment love." Dream said, confidently smiling. I rolled my eyes again "You're such an idiot, come on Bad, Skeppy, and Puffy are probably waiting." I said, he nodded and intertwined our fingers.

We got to the kitchen and sat in the same place like we always did, Bad and Skeppy were cuddling and greeted us, Puffy was reading but she paused to also greet us, and Tommy and Tubbo ended up being here as well but they were to busy fighting about "is chocolate or vanilla better?" It was pretty fun if you asked me. "Hey guys, so what are we doing today?" I asked, my head in Dream's lap Bad looked at me and smiled "We were just thinking about hanging out today, if that's alright." Bad asked softly, I nodded "That's fine, honestly I need a break, this war may be easy but it's still quite tiring." I said, Bad nodded "Yeah, I think I would be the same, but you and Queen Demeter are strong people, you guys are definitely going to win" Bad said with a confident smile.

"I second that!" Skeppy said, raising his hand "Third that!" Dream said, also raising his hand "Fourth that." Puffy said, vaguely putting up her arm "Fifth that!" Tubbo and Tommy said at the same time, they looked at each other and started laughing, Ranboo walked in and raised his hand "Sixth that." I smiled at the support that they were giving me. "Thanks guys, it means a lot." I said "Of course, my love. We were just being honest." Dream said, giving me a kiss on the forehead. Once Dream took his lips off my forehead I kissed him and it was peaceful. Key word: was.

"EWWW I'M A MINOR!" Tommy shrieked, causing me and Dream to disconnect our lips. "Oh shush." I said laughing, Dream joining me causing everyone else to start laughing.

We talked for a bit but then we had to go home. I got up from where I was sitting and gave Dream a kiss, it always hurts having to leave him but I knew I would be back soon. Karl did the same for Sapnap and we walked to the door, Ranboo basically glued to my side, I didn't mind though.

We walked out of the castle and headed back to my castle. Me and Karl were surprised nothing had attacked us yet, people probably hunted all the wolves out. It was sad, yes, but it helped people who wandered this forest not, you know, die? The forest was always so beautiful, wolves or not. The beautiful trees, the way the grass and tree leaves were lit by the moon, the stars scattering the sky. But the forest also had something more beautiful, a beautiful memory attached to it. A beautiful memory to me. The forest is where I knew that me and Dream? We would be more than friends. And I was so right.

I smiled at the memory. Thank you, forest.

———————————————-

Word count: 1,050