Chapter 55: What I Needed

~ Clay's POV ~

Me and George had been dating for a year now, about to be two. The war between his kingdom and Doulgas's kingdom had STILL been going on, that man did not stop. But of course My Georgie was still winning, I wasn't really surprised, George and his mom were strong people so obviously they would win against a man like Doulgas. But besides that point, I was planning on asking George if he would marry me. I was going to do it on January 1st, which was literally in 13 hours. I would be a total liar if I said I wasn't a wreck, I was so goddamn nervous.

I had asked George's mom if it was fine, since my parents invited them for Christmas dinner and she freaked out because she was happy I was thinking about marrying her son, so she obviously said yes. Of course my mom and dad were fine with it and Sapnap was so excited. I was honestly so nervous. I knew George, Karl, and Ranboo were staying with us for the holiday. We offered George's mom to come but she said she couldn't since the war was still going on. We understood so we didn't pressure her, George being here would help me more to propose so that was a good thing.

They were on they're way now, I looked at the ring that I hoped to god George liked. It was a silver ring with a beautiful sapphire in the middle, it was a kinda snake looking ring, one swirl going over another. I remember paying the jewelry maker a ton of money but it was worth it for my Georgie.

I knew exactly where I was going to propose, behind the tree, where me and George bonded the most that crazy night. I quickly put the ring away in the box the jewelry guy gave me since I heard my mom open the front door, I hid it in the tux my mom gave me earlier. I rushed downstairs and pulled George into a tight hug as soon as I saw him "Hi, my love." I whispered, giving my Georgie a kiss, and then a kiss on the hand.

"Hi Dreamy." George said, smiling. I smiled at how adorable he looked. "So L'manburg is coming today?" George asked and I nodded "Awesome, should we wait in the kitchen then?" George asked, gesturing to the kitchen "Yeah, let's go." I said, intertwining our fingers, walking to the kitchen.

We of course saw Bad and Skeppy preparing to cook, as Puffy watched and cleaned a bit "Hey guys!" Me and George said, all of their heads snapped to us "Oh, Dream, George. Hi!" Bad said with a smile. "Can we chill in here?" George asked, Bad nodded and me and George sat on a counter that was literally never. George cuddled up to me and quickly fell asleep, I didn't blame him, I knew he was extremely busy so he probably barely ever got to sleep.

After a few minutes Sapnap and Karl came into the kitchen "Hey gu-!" Karl was quickly cut off "Shush you muffinhead! George is sleeping!" Bad exclaimed quietly "Oops, sorry." Karl says quietly, putting his arms 'surrender' to Bad. "You're fine Karl, just don't wake up George, he's probably exhausted." Bad said with a small frown on his face. Karl nodded and him and Sapnap went to sit next to us "Hey Dream." Sapnap said quietly with a smile "Hey Sappy, remember what's happening today?" I asked quietly Sapnap nodded.

"Yeah dude, how could I forget? Good luck man." Sapnap said, a smile still plastered on his face "Thanks Sap, I'm going to need it." I said with a sigh and smile. Everyone knew I was proposing to George, just not George himself obviously. They were all so excited when I told them.

I pet George's head as he produced small snores, lips parted slightly. I smiled at the sight, this man is for me I know it for fact. He was so perfect, perfect personality, perfect eyes, perfect hair, perfect skin, perfect lips, perfect hands, perfect everything. Yeah, he's the one.

~

5 hours. 5 hours until I proposed to George, I was obviously more nervous than before. What if he said no? What if he didn't like the ring? What if he actually wanted to break up with me? No. I couldn't think like that. If he wanted to break up with me he would have done it a while ago.