2 | Mentor

"Good morning!" Light Spinner exclaims as you walk into the room.

"Wow this place is beautiful!" you exclaim. The room is lined with crystals and hues of blue and purple that merge together to make a heavenly place.

"Yes, it is quite lovely, but we must get going. The more time we waste admiring the room the more time the Horde has to invade Etheria."

"Alright."

Light Spinner grabs a few of the floating purple crystals from the wall. She hands one to you, and she suddenly transforms the crystal into a aquamarine colored powder in her hands. You look with awe, and your crystal suddenly turns to blue powder too. You happen to crack a slight smile, and Light Spinner cracks a smile behind her hidden mouth.

"What are we going to do with this?" you ask.

"This is how we make spells to practice with. If you were a real sorcerer you would know that." Light Spinner replies.

"I've never used this before."

"No wonder why you got destroyed by Hordak. If you want to become a strong sorcerer, you must learn to do the spells properly with the powder first. It is only once you have good technique that you are able to use the spells effectively in battle."

"That makes sense. I've never been taught by another sorceress before. I've only been able to teach myself through books in the castle."

"Yet, I find it impressive that you have some solid magical ability with just those books. So, I guess since you have some background already I can teach you a simple protection spell."

"There's a protection spell?"

"Yes, there is. There is a lot I must teach you about magic. I'll teach you everything I know. But it will take time for you to master magic the way that I have. I have a reputation for being the best sorceress in Mystacor, but it took me many years to master my magical abilities."

"Wow. I always thought that some sorcerers didn't have to take time to learn magic. Like they just understood how to use magic right away."

"No, I haven't seen anyone who is able to do that. At least not yet. So, the protection spell is a little bit more challenging, but it's okay if you don't get it on your first couple of tries. I don't expect you to because it is something difficult for someone with a limited knowledge of magic."

Light Spinner uses her powder to draw out an intricate circular pattern. There are lines connecting the circles and the rhombi. How am I going to be as talented as her? You thought about how you thought you would never match the ability of Light Spinner.

But somehow your drawing matches hers exactly. It starts to glow. A protective force field surrounds you and Light Spinner. Light Spinner's eyes open wide.

"I'm impressed that you were able to do that on your first try. There is some talent here that you have. It's a natural ability that is within you to understand magic. I have to teach you everything I know about magic. I know you will do great things." Light Spinner commented.

Your smile lights up, and Light Spinner's eyes fill with joy at your success.

"Alright, I guess we can meet up tomorrow at the same time to continue practicing. I have to go to my younger students and then the sorcerers guild," Light Spinner concluded.

"Alright. Have a good day Light Spinner!" you exclaim.

She smiles as you walk out of the protective bubble to go back to your room.

Why do I like her so much?