8 | Portal and Mortal Enemies

Norwyn's jaw drops to the lawn as you release your kiss with Light Spinner.

"WHAT DID SHE SAY!" Norwyn exclaimed.

"Could you not make a big deal out of this?" Light Spinner pleaded.

"I guess I'll keep quiet," Norwyn said.

"Thanks. So we can't stop the portal from opening, but we need to take the baby girl so she doesn't fall into Hordak's hands. I would hate to see a sweet baby fall into the Horde," Light Spinner explained.

"Yes, I agree. I think that based on what we have gathered about progress from our spies and intel sources, we don't have much time before Hordak opens the portal. We must act quickly to find out Hordak's launching position and be ready for attack," you commented.

"Yes, but we shouldn't attack a fucking baby. The only fighting I'm willing to do is pull the baby from Hordak and run," Light Spinner added.

"I was thinking any other resistance that the Horde might have in store," you retorted.

"Oh, okay," Light Spinner realized.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

After several meetings with the sorcerers guild, a plan is plotted to retrieve the baby.

The entire sorcerers guild will go to the field outside of the newly occupied Thaymore, and they will split up to take the baby.

You are coming from the front to fight Hordak, and Light Spinner is coming from the back to retrieve the baby.

Let's hope that this plan works. I know that Light Spinner is going to get the baby. She's always had a tender and caring side for babies, you thought as you crouch down into the long blades of grass.

You eye Light Spinner through the dry grainy grass. She gives you a wink back.

Suddenly, you see Hordak, Lighthope, and the portal get shipped by a large Horde truck into the field. Each member makes their own spell of invisibility to make themselves blind to Hordak.

"Lighthope, put the portal right here," Hordak called out pointing to the spot.

"Yes, Hordak," Lighthope responded.

You eye where Light Spinner once was, but now she is invisible. You forgot that she was supposed to move in closer to promise a good chance of getting the baby.

"Ready, Lighthope?" Hordak asked coldly.

"Yes, Lord Hordak," Lighthope replied.

"Make sure that the Horde troops are deployed," Hordak muttered into a communicator.

Oh, shit. At least we were prepared for the idea
that there would be Horde soldiers.

"Initiate opening sequence," Hordak commanded.

"Opening sequence initiated," Lighthope obeyed.

"We must be ready as soon as that portal opens," Norwyn mouthed. Everyone nodded. Light Spinner was now crouching two feet behind Hordak and Lighthope.

Instantly a loud roar fills the eardrums of everyone nearby. The pain was as excruciating as the death of Gracelyn Maven, the last great sorcerer of Mystacor.

"Now," Norwyn shouted.

You, Norwyn, and the other sorcerers charge to destroy the Horde armies that are nearby. Light Spinner later revealed herself to Hordak and Lighthope when the child came through the purple, spiral illusion.

When the child comes out, Light Spinner immediately leaps in front of Hordak to grab the child. It seemed like Hordak didn't care that it brought through an infant. But it seemed like he didn't care about life in general. Light Spinner quickly casted a spell of transportation to take her back to Mystacor.

You and the other sorcerers fight the other Horde soldiers abolishing all of them. Then you leave Hordak with a look of shock on Hordak's face. You give him one last look, and then you and the other sorcerers leave to meet Light Spinner back in Mystacor.

As soon as you arrive in the luminarium, you see Light Spinner cuddling a blanketed burrito that was a baby girl. The baby girl had bright blonde hair with a slight curl, and she had bright blue eyes that sparkled in the light. She was the image of an angel in her white blanket. She starts to cry, and Light Spinner gently hugs her to calm her down.

"She's adorable isn't she," Light Spinner commented with glee.

"She's perfect. Does she have a name?" you questioned.

"No . . . but I was thinking that Adora Gracelyn was a beautiful name. It fits her perfectly," Light Spinner replied.

"Yes, that's perfect," one of the other sorcerers responded.

"I love it," you whispered.

"So, I think we are all assuming that you and Light Spinner are going to look after this obnoxious crying thing," Norwyn interjected.

"Of course, why wouldn't we?" Light Spinner responded.

You and Light Spinner both smile at one another. As you and Light Spinner leave with baby Adora, Light Spinner leaned her head onto your shoulder.

"I love you Beatrix."

"I love you too."