14 | The Lone Journey

The guide of your journey has taken you so far, but yet they can't take you any further. You know you're on your own from here on out.

"I guess we're on our own now," Light Spinner spoke to break the uncomfortable silence.

"Only one way to go, forward," you replied.

The tension at the entrance to the forward tunnel could be cut by a knife and leak out juice for eons. Light Spinner steps forward and the click of her black boots released the tension as she glided forward with such elegance and grace.

"Come on silly. I know it's terrifying, but there is no other way," Light Spinner called.

"What if we just went back?"

"We can't go back. This is what we have to do to save Etheria."

"No, there was a tunnel a while back that we could go through."

"Rory led us here. Why would they try to deceive us?"

"These creatures in the underground were made by the first ones to make sure that nobody can get to the failsafe. Unfortunately, I didn't think about this until we started on Rory's ride. I saw the logo of the first ones engraved on them."

"Sweetheart, I talked to Rory while you were asleep on the ride. I asked them about that mark. They said that the first ones pinned them down and cut that into them because they refused to hurt others. They swore that since then they would help anyone else who tried to find the failsafe. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner. I promise they are not deceiving us."

"Alright, I know I shouldn't believe one blindly down in here because of its strong magic, but I know you too well. I know you wouldn't lie to me no matter how much magic was trying to be a puppeteer and manipulate you like a puppet on its strings."

"Thank you, sweetheart. I know it's challenging in these halls of darkness and nothingness it is hard to trust someone, but I'm glad that you still trust me."

"Well, wouldn't twenty some years of marriage do that to you?"

"I guess so. Twenty-two years would do that to someone. I'm glad you're keeping your guard up though. You never know when the nothingness of this place will turn into the worst of things."

"Right. Thanks. Let's keep moving because we're running out of time before Horde Prime is going to invade Etheria. The bracelets I made before the girls left for Brightmoon have allowed me to contact the girls for updates on the fight on the surface. It is not looking good. There has been an exponential increase in Horde soldiers, weaponry, and vehicles being transported to Hordak and his followers. However, it gets stranger when the girls mentioned that Hordak was no longer himself. Adora described it as he is under the control of Horde Prime and no longer able to control himself anymore," you rambled as both of you walked.

"Wait. Hordak isn't himself anymore? How do they know that?" Light Spinner asked attentively.

"They said that when they saw him last he lost his red and blue in his logo and hair. He's become milk-white without any of his own flair in his step anymore. He's blended in with Horde Prime's other clones. We're all doomed if he's under the control of Horde Prime without knowing his own identity."

"I think that there must be a hivemind that is connecting all of Horde Prime's clones together to carry out his evil bidding. If we don't get to the failsafe soon and make sure we have the magic to be able to get it, our world as we know it will be gone. Come on, we have to pick up the pace if we want to save all of Etheria."

You and Light Spinner pick it up to a solid running pace and it is sustained all the way straight until you see the teal glows at the end indicating the failsafe. 

"We're here. Now we have to be able to get the failsafe and bring it to the heart," Light Spinner said looking at the failsafe in awe. The pillars were grand and the room was as dark as night with the failsafe as a sort of beacon of hope for Etheria. 

"How do we get the failsafe?" you asked.

"Carefully."

"Well other than carefully?"

"I don't know if we are strong enough to obtain the heart without obliterating ourselves."

"You mean we came all the way down here to die?"

"Kind of yeah. Unless we get Adora as Shera and Catra down here to help us."

"What about Kyrion? Couldn't it be helpful to have three sorcerers instead of just us two old hags as he would call us?"

"That would be nice to have the kids help us with this as one of the most difficult tasks of getting to the failsafe is already done. We have to call the kids to meet up at one spot and then transport them down here. That we do have the magic for."

"Alright. Time for my lovely beads and bracelets that I made," you stated as you set up a calling system that could reach all three of them instantaneously.

"Hey kids, if you are listening to this right now, it means that your mother and I need your help. We are in the underground of Mystacor, and we have found the failsafe to the heart of Etheria, but we are not strong enough to obtain it. We need all three of you to help us. Adora, you are Shera, and we believe that Shera is the only person strong enough to take the failsafe without obliterating into pieces. Catra, we need you to help us fight off anything we might see on the way to the heart and for emotional support for Adora. Kyrion, you are the only sorcerer child we have. We need your help to make sure that we have someone to help us in fighting whatever might be down here as well. We also need your expertise in navigation to be able to get our way to the heart as that is much more complicated than getting to the failsafe. Here is what we need you to do to meet us. Kyrion, use your magic to teleport yourself or have Norwyn transport you to the courtyard of the Brightmoon castle. Adora and Catra, we need you to meet at the same location as Kyrion in the courtyard of the Brightmoon castle. Once you are all together send me something, and your mother and I will conjure a transportation spell to get you to where we are. Please help your old parents as we do need you. Etheria is resting on your shoulders now comrades." 

Light Spinner chuckled as you said comrades because it reminded her of when the three kids would play fight using foam swords and plastic shields to be heroes of the day. She finished the transportation spell drawing just as you wrapped up your recorded message. 

The two of you sit for a few minutes, but then you suddenly get a vibration from the beads. It's Catra telling you that they are all in the courtyard ready for you with their stuff. You and Light Spinner place your hands down to transfer your magic into the strongest transportation spell needed. The floor glows teal as the spell forms and then in a flash Adora, Catra, and Kyrion are all in front of you. 

"What do we need to do to obtain the failsafe?" Adora asked.

Note: If you celebrate Christmas, this is your Christmas gift from me. If you don't celebrate Christmas, happy holidays!