6 | Tears and Fears

Norwyn walks in on you and Light Spinner cuddling, and his walk emphasizes urgency and fear.

"Hey, lovebirds. We need you in the luminarium. Now," Norwyn commands.

You and Light Spinner push off the sheets and quickly walk to the luminarium.

"What do you think that this is about?" you asked.

"I don't know. But whatever it is, it isn't anything good," Light Spinner commented. The worry builds up in your stomach, and in Light Spinner's eyes, you see the great anxiety within her.

As you enter the luminarium, you notice that the rest of the sorcerers guild are already in their spots. You and Light Spinner stop, and immediately Norwyn opens his mouth.

"Alright. Now that our lovebirds are here I have to make everyone aware of a critical development of the Horde. The Horde has officially taken a rune stone, the Black Garnet, and they have also started to invade Thaymore. They are slowly starting to take over Etheria," Norwyn started, "Also, last night, Light Spinner had a vision of the Horde building a weapon. I'll let her share with everyone."

Light Spinner's eyes say it all. She doesn't want to say anything. She wishes that she could have more time to process what happened. Light Spinner is shaking as she walks to the center.

"So I can't be 100% sure of what I saw, but I know that Hordak is building some sort of weapon. It was a gargantuan weapon. I don't know what it is used for, but I know that he wasn't working alone. He was working with someone else. I don't recall their name. I think that they are planning to move it to an open field near the fright zone, but I'm concerned that this weapon might not be what we think it is," Light Spinner explained.

"What do you mean this weapon won't be what we think it is?" Norwyn questioned.

"I don't know. I think it could be a weapon to bring more weapons," Light Spinner started then paused, "Like a portal or something. What he's trying to use it for I don't know. I snapped out of the vision at that point."

Light Spinner walks away from the center back to you.

"Thank you, Light Spinner. I appreciate that you were able to tell us what you saw so quickly. I know that it bothers you to rehash what you see in those clairvoyant moments," Norwyn started, "But if I may ask, what made you believe that Hordak's weapon was a portal? Also, what did the female he was working with look like?"

"When I saw Hordak's blueprints, I saw many curved braces, and there was a power source of some sort in the middle activating said weapon-" Light Spinner replied.

"I've researched quite a bit into weaponry, and the only possible contraption that Light Spinner could be describing is a portal. While it doesn't seem outright dangerous, the effects could be catastrophic. The universe could be ripped to shreds, or Hordak could bring in more forces to destroy our planet. Whatever his plan is, it can't end well for us Etherians," you interrupted.

"Interesting thought. Thank you for sharing," a sorcerer across the room commented.

"About the woman, Light Spinner?" Norwyn inquired.

"Ah, yes. This woman didn't seem fully real. She has a weird robotic voice, and she just seemed like someone we wouldn't know. I'm genuinely sorry I don't remember her name if her name was mentioned at all," Light Spinner answered hesitantly. Her hesitation transforms into tears in her eyes.

Light Spinner suddenly runs out of the room. She started to sob uncontrollably. You run out after.

Once you catch up to her, she can only choke out a few words: "I feel like a humiliation. Every time I speak, I feel like an idiot."

"I never thought you were an idiot when you were talking. I always thought that you were brilliant. Even when your ideas weren't the best, I know you were doing the best you could. Some of the other sorcerers are assholes anyway. Don't let them intimidate you. You are the best one of them all," you reply.

She leans her face into your shoulder, and you cast an enchantment of invisibility so nobody can see you or Light Spinner as the sorcerers are leaving the luminarium. Her rainstorm of tears soon dry up, and you and Light Spinner walk back to the bedroom secluded from everyone else.

You help Light Spinner get cleaned up from her tears and fears. You run a warm washcloth over her face, and in her once sad eyes were now sparkles of happiness and joy.

Afterward, you come up behind Light Spinner and hug her. She turns around and embraces you too. It's a moment that you cherish forever.

"I love you, Beatrix."

"I love you too."