18 | Only the Beginning

The feeling of home wasn't as it usually was. It was the feeling of grass tickling both of your legs and feet, flowers flowing in the wind with the pollen making Light Spinner sneeze, and looking up into the sky and feeling at peace with the stars in the sky that was once threatening.

You gaze forward to see Micah and Norwyn running up to you. "Where have you been? Are you okay?" Micah asked.

"Yes, we're okay. As to where we were," you started.

"We went to beat the shit out of Horde Prime!" Light Spinner excitedly interjected.

"Yeah, that. Although Hordak here did most of the work."

Suddenly, Norwyn and Micah start cowering back at the sight of Hordak. "Relax, he's on our side, he won't hurt you," you reassured.

Micah and Norwyn came forward taking Hordak to the group nearby. You two are left alone when a large glow of yellow lights up the ground. This wasn't the sun as you first thought, but it was Shera. You realized Adora, Catra, and Kyrion had successfully activated the failsafe destroying the heart of Etheria.

"Mom! (your parental title)!" Catra exclaimed sprinting with her arms open. You and Light Spinner without saying it, challenged one another to a race to Catra. The grass swayed with your sprinting until they came into unity when Light Spinner met Catra first.

Light Spinner gave you a glance of glory as she squeezed Catra. Adora ran up to meet you in a hug. Kyrion ran but waited for the love giving to be over. His teen mind found hugs repulsive.

After a moment, Light Spinner glances over at Kyrion. She summons him with a simple wave of her hand and forces him in the middle of a family hug.

"Awww guys stop it!" Kyrion growled.

"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! NEVER!!!" you and Light Spinner exclaimed as you continued to squeeze for a few more seconds before releasing your arms.

Adora and Catra chuckled at Kyrion as his face turned tomato red.

After the embarrassment from the embrace, Kyrion exclaimed, "You should have seen Catra and Adora kiss one another saving our asses! It was so weird and cool!"

"Wow! You've got to tell us that story on our way home," you replied.

"Yes, let's go home. We've got lots to catch up on," Light Spinner agreed.

As all of you walk away from the scene of battle, helping anyone you can to their feet, you talk about your epic adventures that led to where you are.

You're glad that your family is all safe and can live happy lives on a peaceful planet. As the five of you talk about your adventures, you reflect on the past twenty years in awe. You couldn't imagine how life would be if you hadn't found Light Spinner. She brought you so many things that you wouldn't have otherwise.

You realize at the end of the stories told, that twenty years is nothing in the grand scheme of life. The past twenty years have gone with the blink of an eye, you couldn't imagine twenty years without your loving family. As Adora and Catra discuss going back to Brightmoon to help Glimmer and Angella reunite with Micah, you realize that two of the people you love most are moving away from you, but they are only moving closer to your heart.

"I can't believe that they will all be able to rule as the happy family they once were!" Adora exclaimed.

"Yeah, I feel like Brightmoon will be in great hands, especially with you there," you added.

"Thanks, I hope that we can continue seeing you regularly, and Kyrion, I hope you don't drop out of magic school," Catra replied.

"Okay, try being in a magic school run by Norwyn. BORING!" Kyrion stated.

"Maybe it's time for Norwyn to retire as head sorceress," you stated looking at Light Spinner.

"What do mean?" Light Spinner asked.

"Maybe you should replace him? You're more than qualified."

"No, I think Castaspella would be an excellent replacement. Norwyn has talked about having Castaspella take over Mystacor as head sorceress. We need more young brilliant minds in charge. Anyways, I just want to make sure that my children are happy, and I don't think that ruling would allow me to do that."

"That makes sense."

"I just want to waste away with the four of you, and the past twenty years has only been the beginning of a lifetime of memories and an eternity of happiness."

"I love that."

Adora, Catra, and Kyrion nodded.

The rest of the walk was silent. However, the silence was beautiful in the sense that you could reflect on the eternity of happiness awaiting you and that the bountiful beauty and elated state of life has only been the beginning. This is only the beginning in your life. Life is how you make it, and looking back, you know in your heart that you would do it all again in an instant.

The happiness carried you home. You said goodbye to Adora and Catra as they head off to Brightmoon again. However, you weren't really home. Home was where all of you were together. All together in your heart, and home is where the heart is.

THE END