4 | Courtyard Date

Several weeks after . . .

After weeks of talking, you and Light Spinner finally go on your first date.

The day is November 13th. Light Spinner's birthday. Her long dark green hair is flowing in the nip November wind, and her emerald eyes are as gorgeous as the night sky.

A red gingham picnic blanket is set out on the courtyard of the Mystacor royal castle. The golden-brown weaved picnic basket is in the center of you and Light Spinner. Inside are fruits with bright colors to lighten up the night sky in the absence of stars, and there are sandwiches for you. Light Spinner being herself she brought a pasta salad with plenty of vegetables.

You give her a smile as she opens her extravagant salad and takes off the cloth covering her nose and mouth.

"Yes, I know the salad is a extra. It's like my personality so deal with it," Light Spinner commented.

"While I thought the salad was funny, I wasn't smiling at that. I was smiling at your face. I've never gotten a good look at it before because you cover it up. I think your face is beautiful," you replied.

Light Spinner's face was grey, but she always wanted to cover up her mouth. She was humiliated that two of her teeth stuck out of her mouth.

"Really? You find me beautiful?"

"Of course I do! I love you. I love you regardless of what you like, but I think you are as beautiful as the stars in the night sky. Or at least what I've heard about the stars. Since I've never seen them before. I guess you're the only star I've ever seen."

Light Spinner's eyes start to weld up with tears like a rain cloud. She's never been called beautiful before, and in fact she was bullied into covering herself up. She's never cried from happiness before, and in fact she was used to crying herself to sleep every night.

You lean in and wrap your arms around her. Her hand reaches out to meet your hand, and she places her head on your shoulder. You hold her for several minutes until she stops crying. It's the first time she's ever accepted that someone loves her.

After your picnic dinner with Light Spinner's extra extravagant pasta salad and your regular ass sandwiches, you and Light Spinner lay back to look at the black night sky.

"What do you think is out there in the universe?" you asked.

"I don't know. I don't think we'll ever fully know because we are stuck in Despandos," Light Spinner replied.

"What do you mean?"

"We are isolated from the rest of the universe because we are in the Despandos galaxy. I know there are many more planets that contain lots of life outside of our galaxy. However, I also know that there is a lot of evil outside of Despandos that we shouldn't be getting into."

"What do you mean?"

"Hordak isn't from around here. He is from another galaxy, but he sound how found us. We might be doomed soon if he figures out a way to get a larger army onto our planet."

"Yeah, I guess that would make sense. I know that if we got out of Despandos I would love to see the other planets and meet all sorts of new life."

"Yes. I would also to be able to see the stars at night. I've never known what they actually look like, but I think they're prettier than me."

"Actually, I know you are prettier than all the stars in the night sky. Also, you have a personality that the stars would be envy of."

Light Spinner starts to cry again. She flutters her eyes closed, and she falls asleep in the middle of the courtyard. You lay down next to her, and you turn to your side.

"Good night, my darling. I love you so much," you whispered.

Then you flutter your eyes and fall asleep under the pitch black night sky.