4 | The "Idiot" Baby makes and Entrance

Note: (y/n) means insert your name into the story.

Premise: You and your family have stayed with Queen Angella and Glimmer in Brightmoon for protection and insight into the war against the Horde.

Two months later. . .

POV: You (first person)

Adora and Catra are awakened by the gorgeous pink and golden streaks that make up the sunrise. They're tossing and turning in the bed, causing a mini earthquake in the bed ten feet away from you. 

Your eyes, still bloodshot from the long night you and Light Spinner had last night blinked open. Catra and Adora morphed into a mountain in the sheets. 

"What are you doing up so early?" you asked. 

"The sky's awake, so I'm awake," Catra commented.

"Okay then." 

Suddenly, the brightness in Brightmoon turned to darkness as the clouds overtook the sun. The crackling sounds coming from the window were the raindrops falling from the clouds. Brightmoon wasn't so bright after all that morning.  

"Go back to sleep girls. The sky is not awake," Light Spinner groaned. 

"Alright," both of the girls chuckled. 

You and Light Spinner slowly fall back into the emptiness and fullness of sleep. When you wake up several hours later, you noticed that the girls were gone. You bolt up from bed, but you did so in a swift manner to wake up Light Spinner. You know that her sleep is just as precious as Catra and Adora are right now. The new member of the family would come any day now. 

You sprint down the hallways to find Catra and Adora walking around with Glimmer. Suddenly, a wave of relief comes over you like the ocean water brushing up against your feet on Salineas when you were a young child. Before the Horde came in and ruined everything happy on Etheria.

As you look at Catra and Adora running down the hallways, you start to wander aimlessly. You get lost in your head and it lands you in the middle of the castle. More like a Labyrinth to get around. You start to walk backward. Out of nowhere, you bump into something, but when you look directly behind you, your gaze can't see anything. Then you gaze down. Angella was knocked to the ground. However, she flies to her feet. 

"I am so sorry your majesty. I didn't mean-" you anxiously started. 

"It's alright. Are you lost? Not a lot of people come back here," Angella interrupted. Her gaze moved from you to the room on the righthand side. The door ajar sparks your curiosity. 

"What is that? Or should I-" 

"It's okay. I figured someone would stumble over it eventually. Come on." 

You slowly step into the room. The first thing that grabs your attention is the numerous sharp, dangerous swords lining the walls. The blades were as bright and new as the dawn to a new day. You thought it was a weapons room, but you snap out of your fantasy of it being a weapons room quickly. 

"These were Micah's swords. I've left them untouched since he was taken by the Horde. His staff in the glass was all that was left of him when the battle was over. I've preserved it all this time. I'm waiting for the day Glimmer can use it before I even touch it again," Angella explained. 

You stare at the staff in disbelief. "Angella, I'm so sorry about Micah. He should be here with you. We're going to do all we can to avenge him. He would be proud that Glimmer one day gets to use his staff. He would love this room too. He loves that his memory is still alive even though he isn't."