10 | Everything is an Argument

An hour later. . .

Everyone is surrounding the luminarium as Norwyn starts the monthly sorcerer's guild meeting. You gaze around the fascinating room, and you still haven't seen everything in the room even though you've seen this room for over twenty years.

"So let's begin with our agenda. We only have one thing, and it will take a long time to discuss and deliberate. The item today is whether or not we join in on the princess alliance. Getting us started will be (your name) and then (pronoun) will be followed by Light Spinner."

Light Spinner looks at you with a glare, and you snap back into reality. Once you're back into the present instead of what is in the diamonds that line the wall you realize that the entire sorcerers guild is staring at you.

"Wha—" you started.

"Are you ready?" Norwyn asked.

Light Spinner glares at you with slight embarrassment. "Of course, I apologize."

"Alright, whenever you are ready, the floor is yours."

You clear your throat. "In our world today, we face many threats to our way of being, but the great thing at threat by far is the Horde. The Horde is a large army that has proven to be a challenge to small armies. Many years ago we challenged them, and we barely won with all of the amazing sorcerers we had. Now, our council is weakened with Norwyn's aging, and having to adapt our spells to increase our power resourcefully," you started.

"Hey, I'm not weak!" Norwyn interrupted holding up his walker.

"I— never mind. Regardless, we need to become stronger, so Light and I's proposal is to find the failsafe to the heart of Etheria-"

"WHAT?! YOU KNOW THAT IS NOT SAFE. LIGHT SPINNER I TAUGHT YOU TO KNOW BETTER THAN THAT!" Norwyn bellowed.

"Norwyn, you do realize that the teachings in this counsel are incorrect. You only say the heart doesn't exist to discourage students from gaining power. Especially myself being power hungry in my youth. But now I have educated myself on the heart of Etheria, and I think that harnessing the energy properly we can defeat the Horde!" Light Spinner argued.

"But it's unsafe. The heart was created as an unstable core inside of Etheria. It was only to be used by the princesses and not the sorcerers. We do not have the ability to harness the magic."

"We do have the ability to find it and lead Adora to it in hopes that she and her friends can activate the failsafe when the time comes. Until then we must make sure that we are strong defensively and offensively to provide the princess alliance protection from the Horde."

"Why should we help the princess alliance? They destroyed themselves the first time around, why should we believe that they won't do the same here?"

"Because Catra and Adora are in it. They bring something to wherever they are that fascinates me to this day. They bring hope and unity to everyone that they come in contact with," Light Spinner started. When she was speaking a pin could drop and be heard with how dead silent the other members were. Her voice echoed in the room and made beautiful music in your ears. She continued, "The original princess alliance was desperate and didn't have the hope that our daughters bring with their amazing demeanor and talents. Also, as corny as this might seem, they have the power of friendship between every member in the alliance. That connection can't be broken by anybody, even the Horde. We must join them and do our part, or what we feared from the attack almost twenty years ago will very much be our reality."

Once Light Spinner's melody stopped echoing through the room, everyone was dead silent. It was almost awkward for you because Norwyn was always blabbing about bullshit that you most of the time didn't care about.

"Alright, Light Spinner, you win. We must join the alliance immediately. Our mission is to try to find the failsafe to the heart of Etheria. No matter how dangerous, I always knew that whatever Light Spinner comes up with is truly brilliant. Meeting adjourned." Norwyn concluded.

Once everyone left the room begrudgingly, Norwyn came up to you and Light Spinner with a worried look in his eyes.

"What is it Norwyn?" you asked.

"Please be careful. No book can truly tell you the full powers of the heart of Etheria. I just want you two to come out of this on the other side. I refuse to bury either one of you. You are Mystacor's last hope against the Horde. Please make it out alive," Norwyn anxiously begged.

"Alright, we will be careful. We promise to help one another in this. We know that we are in the endgame for our lives. This is our only hope at succeeding. If we fail, we will all die, but don't worry we won't fail you Norwyn," Light Spinner promised.

You both leave and Norwyn is left alone with some tears welding in his eyes. "Please. Stay with me." Norwyn pleaded under his breath.