9 | Adora Gracelyn

You and Light Spinner wake up the following day to a gentle cry from Adora. Adora's eyes are crunched into a small line, but her mouth is wide open like the mouth of a volcano.

Light Spinner cuddles Adora as she gets her out of the small bassinet that Light Spinner quickly configured last night before Adora went to sleep.

You get up and create a bottle out of thin air. "Thank goodness my boobs aren't going to get ruined by this cutie," Light Spinner commented.

You chuckled as you hand Light Spinner the bottle. Adora immediately becomes silent and chugs away at the red and gold bottle.

Light Spinner's tired eyes glisten in the morning sun and bring life back into her depressed mood.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" you asked.

Light Spinner sighs. "I look at this child knowing that she will never know where she came from or who her parents are. I remember what it was like growing up with my parents. While sometimes I wish I had different parents, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to live with other parents," Light Spinner started, "I just hope that I can be the best mother I can be. I don't want her to look down upon me like I looked down on my own parents. I just hope I can be as good to her as her parents before this were."

A light rain shower springs from Light Spinner's fogged eyes.

"Beatrix, you are so nurturing and loving. I know you will be such a great mother to Adora. Adora already knows you care about her greatly, and I know just by the way Adora looks at you, she loves you. I see it in the way you teach all of your students that you care about them. I know you'll be great. I promise," you gently responded.

Light Spinner leans on your shoulder. The tears collect on your shirt. Adora starts to whine, and her tears fall like little raindrops to accompany her mom's thunderstorm.

After the storm, it was calm—complete solace.

"I feel like Adora has great power within her. I sense it," Light Spinner spoke to interrupt the peace.

"I believe you there. She already has a firm grasp on us," you implied.

Light Spinner chuckles. "Not like that, silly. I'm talking about the magic power within her. While it might not be sorcery, there is another type of power that she has that is of great benefit for us."

You nod on the newfound understanding.

As night approached, Adora gets another bottle, and you put on your nightclothes.

Light Spinner yawns as she puts the bottle down on the side table and puts Adora in her bassinet.

"Good night Adora. I love you, sweet dreams," Light Spinner soothed as she rubbed Adora's stomach.

You met Light Spinner at Adora's bassinet. "Good night Adora. See you in the morning. Love you," you whispered.

"Wow. Our lives have officially changed. Eighteen years. Let's do it," you stated.

"Haha, yes. I'm happy she's here with us. She makes us feel whole," Light Spinner added.

You and Light Spinner smile at one another as you put the covers over one another.

"Good night Beatrix."

"Good night sweetie."