7 | Tree of Foresight

The next day you wake up to see Light Spinner gone. Oh, she must be up teaching. You get dressed quickly to check to make sure she was okay. She was out of sorts yesterday because of her anxiety, and your concern is manifesting in the pit of your stomach.

You walk towards the teaching platform, and you see her gorgeous eyes. You smile at her, and she gives you a smile hidden behind the cloth over her face. You then walk away to give her privacy.

Over the weeks, you have learned so many things about Light Spinner; one of the most important things you've learned is that she appreciates her solitude when she's teaching. You had to learn that the hard way when Light Spinner spotted you. If looks could kill, the look she gave you would have killed you.

You strut down the stairs to the library. The stacks of books and the towering shelves always leave you in great awe. You go over to the book on the table that you left the last time you were in the library.

I have to figure out what this portal is and Hordak's motive. You open up the book, and you zoom through the pages until you see the curved braces—the portal's diagram. There seems to be something in the middle of the four braces—something vast, something scarce, something powerful. That's what Hordak would be going after next. What could be strong enough to power the portal?

You look at the clock. You've been in the library for six hours. Light Spinner is probably looking for me. I have to take this with me and find her. I know she gets anxious when she can't find me.

You quickly walk out with the massive portal book tucked into your arm. You walk all throughout the castle calling Light Spinner's name.

"Light Spinner! Light Spinner!"

You peer into the nearby window to see her sitting down near the Tree of Foresight. What is she doing down there? I've never seen her down there before.

You walk out of the castle into the greenery just to the left of the castle courtyard. The castle, while grand, the Tree of Foresight, was the greatest part of the castle grounds.

You take a seat next to her. Her hair blows with the breeze, and her smile is brighter than the flowers as she takes off her cloth covering. She knows that she is safe from reticule with you.

"I've never seen you down here before. Any reason for that?" you asked.

"Well. I'm concerned about the portal, and I was hoping that the tree could help me see the future," Light Spinner replied.

"So how does the Tree of Foresight even work?"

"The power is unlocked through a series of complex spells that only members of the sorcerers guild know. It takes more than one person to be able to unlock the power. I was waiting for Norwyn, but I could use you too. Once the power is unlocked, each person can ask one question each to see the future in their minds. Unfortunately, you can't change the future of the events. At least it can help plan the next move knowing the future."

"Woah. I didn't know that the tree was so powerful. Are the spells the Triad Opalic Blanca?"

"Yes, one person cast each spell, and the spells work together as a key."

"What are you going to ask about?"

"If I tell you, the powers of the tree will be compromised and not give us an accurate account of what will happen. Even your smart ass should know that by now."

"And there's the snarky bitch I love."

Light Spinner chuckles as Norwyn sits down next to her. "Are you ready?" Norwyn interjects.

"Yes," you and Light Spinner responded in sync.

"Aw fuck, you're becoming that couple." Norwyn whispered.

You and Light Spinner smirked. "Now remember, lovebirds, you cant say the vision until after the spells have worn off completely. Make sure you know what you want to ask. Good luck," Norwyn instructed.

You nod, and Light Spinner turns to you and puts her hand on your shoulder before starting her spell. The three of you draw out the intricate spells and smoothly connect one line to another. Suddenly, there is a glow of teal, red, and yellow. The three of you link hands to bring full power to the spells. Slowly, the tree's leaves turn from green to blue. The tree is fully illuminated.

The question pops in your head. Maybe not the right question for the time, but it was a question that was worth asking. Then you view the answer of your question. The teal lights flash in your vision, and you saw what you wanted to see.

When the spells wear out you, Light Spinner, and Norwyn fall into your backs. The magic was so powerful that not one of you could resist the urge to fall.

When the three of you get up, the spell is gone, and the tree has lost its power. You were successful.

"Alright. I'll go first. I asked who was the woman in Light Spinner's vision. Her name is Lighthope!" Norwyn exclaimed.

"Okay, I asked will Hordak be successful with his portal. He was able to get a portal open, but instead of the Horde army, he brought through a baby. A baby girl!" Light Spinner exclaimed.

"Light Spinner, you don't need a baby," Norwyn commented.

"That doesn't mean that babies aren't still adorable!" Light Spinner replied.

"So. I'm embarrassed. I asked what the future of my life with Light Spinner would be. I saw us together with a daughter and a cat child. We stay together forever Beatrix," you mutter timidly.

Light Spinner's eyes light up. You lean in towards her, and she leans in too. She puts her arm on your cheek and your lips touch. The kiss feels like heaven.

"I love you Beatrix," you whisper into her ear.

"I love you too."