Chapter.17

Hey, fellas! So I'm back and I'm so sorry about the sudden MIA. I had a whole lot of stuff happening recently, with my finals and stuff, I didn't have the time to update, or even just be on Wattpad.
I hope you guys understand, and thanks a ton for supporting this book so long.
Do enjoy this chapter. Got some really exciting ones coming up.

Arvindha Bhatia's POV

Finishing my work, Svasthi, Juhi and I sat in the hall just talking about stuff, when Vijayanthi ma came with our evening snacks.

" You'll have to start preparing for your public speech Arvindha, we only have a week more and there's so much to do." Juhi said.

" Sure I have actually seen the speech Dhananjay ajja gave, it's quite long and professional. I'll be prepared by another three days" I told her.

" Our dress fitting is today at 7pm so I suggest you get freshened up before the stylists show up." Juhi informed me.

" Ok then let me go and get ready, I'll see you guys later."

" Arvi I'll come to your room, after I freshen up so leave it unlocked okay." Svasthi said.

Going up to my room, I couldn't help but wonder how my life had changed. I remember how I was reading about doppelgangers in a book of human genetics after my finals, but who knew I was so close to meeting my very own doppelganger? But now I was here in Medhinapur for rural medical camp service and I somehow ended up meeting someone who looked exactly like me, and now because of circumstances I was portraying a princess and I didn't have the slightest clue of Royal ethics.

To say I was nervous would be an understatement.

But it was happening and there was nothing I could do to change that.  Plus I was happy to be of help, especially after all that they've done to protect me, and knowing what Juhi had to go through.

I stripped myself as I entered the bathroom to take a shower before I would meet the stylists Juhi had appointed.

I was almost done and was wrapping a towel around me, when I heard a knock. Svasthi told she would come over and I had left the door unlocked for her, thinking it was her, " Come in." I said.

Stepping out of the washroom I was looking for another towel to wrap around my hair, " Svasthi can you pass the other towel on my bed?" I asked.

Getting no reply, I turned around and I was shocked to see Dhruv standing there instead. He himself looked petrified at the situation.

I could feel myself getting hot, and with startled realization I realised I was only in a towel, " Arrgh what are you looking at, get out." I screamed while trying to pull down the towel as discreetly as possible, and that seemed to pull him out of whatever trance he was, cause he then  turned around immediately, muttering " I'm sorry I didn't know you were in the shower. But you told me to enter, so I did. " he said.

I knew he was right but I couldn't help the blush and the embarrassment I felt, " I thought it was Svasthi." I mumbled out.

I heard him groan,  " You must be more careful, there are many people in this palace, don't be careless." he said almost like a warning, his voice strained.

" Yeah now if you could please leave. " I said as I can't stand here any longer with him in only a towel.

" You're phone I'll leave it here." He said placing a box on my bed, and swiftly walked out of the room, without looking back.

I immediately rushed to lock the door and leaned against it to calm my racing heart.

Omg!!! What just happened, the guy I've fallen for just saw me almost naked. How stupid was I to not lock the door, arrgh but Svasthi is to blame for all of this.