~ Chapter.12 ~

Arvindha's POV

Sitting in the lounge as we waited for Dhruv to speak up, my eyes met his, but he looked away and cleared his throat.

" Arvindha, Rishab and Svasthi I have a request to make and I hope you'll listen to it patiently before jumping to conclusions." Dhruv said.

I looked at him confused but again he ignored my stare. Geez what's his problem?  Wait or is it my problem? Why do I care whether he looks at me or not?

Seriously Arvi you need to make up your mind, you either like him or not, my brain mocked. And my eyes widened at the thought of liking Dhruv and I decided to ignore what my mind kept asking.

Dhruv's POV

I once again cleared my throat and began,

" Dad and Dhananjay ajja want Arvindha to represent Juhi in the Royal Press Conference next week, as Juhi still hasn't recovered fully. It's impossible to reveal Juhi in her current state. But at the same time public have taken  notice to you  Arvindha and suspicion is rising. Plus the time for Juhi's return too is over since long."

" Are you out of your mind Dhruv? You're asking my friend to be a scapegoat in your royal affairs? What do you think of yourselves??Huh!" Svasthi shouted immediately and I was sure she would have punched me if Sandeep hadn't been holding her down.

"Dhruv this is too much to ask from us. We've already agreed to every condition you've put forth, but what your asking is risking Arvindha's life. I'm a native to Medhinapur and I've heard enough about the rivalry between you'll and the MP Raghuveer Goshal. Also Juhi told me how he could be involved in the late queen and king's accident! Despite knowing all this, I can't let Arvindha do this!" Rishab too bursted out.

He was always the calm and collected one, so I really didn't expect him to react this way. Arvindha was silent with her head bent and her silence was torturous cause she wasn't even looking at me now. And I didn't know what to make of her silence.

" Svasthi and Rishab let's go to my room." Saying this Arvindha got up followed by her friends.

"Arvindha please listen  to me first ......... "

" No Dhruv please let me go, I can't hear you out any more."

"Arvindha I'm sorry it had to come out this way and all this is caused because of me. You don't have to agree to do it, it was only a proposition, there's no compulsion on you.  I'm sorry for the trouble" Juhi said.

" No Juhi please don't apologize for no fault of yours and let's talk tomorrow please. Goodnight." Arvindha responded and the three proceed to move out.

I got up from my seat to hold Arvindha back, when Juhi held my hand and shook her head.

I sat back down with my head in my hands. I knew all long this wouldn't turn out well but I can't go against ajja's orders either.

" Dhruv we can't force something so serious and important on Arvindha just like that. It already must be exhausting for her to be in this new place and discovering that there's someone who looks like her. Despite all that she convinced her friends to agree with ajja's orders so far. They have no obligation to listen to us, but still she was kind enough to stick with us, we can't abuse our power like that. "

" Juhi you think I want to risk her life? Hell no.
I'm a police officer and this is against my morals but Juhi I've promised to protect you and the recent rumours have gained momentum and I'm worried Raghuveer will do something definitely. People have seen your look alike outside palace walls and are saying your back from Canada, I won't be surprised if Raghuveer asks for an audience tomorrow itself."

" So we have only two options, either letting everyone find out about Juhi's actual condition or buying time by using Arvindha in Juhi's place until she recovers?" Sandeep voiced out and we both turned to look at him.  The odds were against us and it had to be either of the two now, but I can never choose the first option even in death.

" I'll speak to Arvindha tomorrow again alone." I said and when Juhi was about to protest, " Juhi it's ajja's and dad's decision and I see their reasoning behind it. It makes sense Juhi, and I promise to protect Arvindha in any kind of situation. Just trust me Juhi." I said.

" Dhruv I trust you and Sunny with my eyes closed but the question of trust is not mine but Arvindha's." Juhi said.

What she said is the truth, it's not Juhi who must trust me this time but Dr.Arvindha Bhatia. 

I nodded my head in understanding " I know Juhi and it'll happen, I promise."

Sunny raised his eyebrows at my optimism cause till now I had never made a good impression on Arvindha but he didn't say anything.

We decided to retire for the night, as it was already very late. On my way to my room, my mind was thinking about ways to gain Arvindha's trust but none came up. Sighing I entered my room.

Hey fellas!
This a short update. Stay tuned for the chapters ahead.
Do you'll think Arvindha must agree to Dhruv's proposal?
Lemme know your thoughts in the comments section.

Do vote, comment and share.