~ Chapter.8 ~

Decision Making Part.4

Arvindha Bhatia's POV

Sitting in the conference room with the Royals of Medhinapur on the very first day of my rural service was definitely not on my to do list.

But what's even more shocking is that the Princess Juhi looks like my carbon copy and she's in a wheelchair. To the information I read on the news tabs and the reality I'm facing, nothing seems to be on the same wavelength.

On top of that I was accused of being a spy and an imposter, which was quite outrageous for the security commander Dhruv. For a guy with such a drool worthy physique he sure did have very little patience.

As I was lost in my own thoughts I felt Svasthi's hand on mine as she gave me a look of concern, as we waited for the princess to explain the situation.

I smiled in gratitude at Svasthi and looked around the room only to find Dhruv's predator like eyes fixed on my face as if trying to remove an invisible mask, and despite that he didn't bother moving his eyes away even when we both locked eyes. Not wanting to give him the satisfaction of intimidating me I stared back too.

But soon our staring contest was cut short as Juhi cleared her throat and all our attention turned to her.

" Two years back I was in a car accident along with my parents, who unfortunately died on spot but I survived. However, my legs took a fatal blow in the incident and they've been paralyzed since then. But the public cannot know that their only sole heir is disabled or that would give rise to an open fight for the throne and the enemies won't rest till they eliminate me. In order to protect me and keep me safe grandfather announced to the public that being affected by my parents death I was being sent to Canada to pursue my dancing career there for two years." she said as her eyes were moistened with tears and her voice thick with raw emotion.

"But now it's already two years since that announcement was made and the public are growing anxious at not having seen their heir in two years while the enemies are waiting for a chance to attack. This is the only reason why Dhruv thought you were a spy sent to create confusion among the Royals and expose the truth. So I sincerely apologize for the trouble we've caused." the princess ended as her hands moved towards the tea cup in front of her.

Hearing her story made me think of my own parents but I pushed the thoughts away cause now was not the time to worry about that.

" So as Juhi has explained why such a serious action was taken against you'll I'm hoping you will cooperate with us to keep this a secret." Dhananjay Mitra, Juhi's grandfather said as he looked at us.

"But how do we exactly solve this problem, Arvindha cannot stay hidden here as she's here for treating the patients and neither can she go back, cause then she'll be fined by the government." Rishab voiced out in concern.

" We can cover the penalty charges but you guys will have to leave as soon as possible, we'll make sure you get posted elsewhere." Dhruv said, but Dhananjay Mitra stood up followed by the Royal court minister, Omshankar " None one you'll are leaving the palace grounds, all of you will stay here and will continue your duties as you were assigned. Sending you'll back suddenly will cause more suspicion among you're colleagues and when this news spreads it'll only cause more harm."

" But grandfather Arvindha cannot stay here treating patients looking like Juhi!" it was Sandeep, who I got to know was Dhruv's brother, who argued back, but the former king silenced him by raising his hand, " I know what I'm doing Sandeep. Arvindha will stay within our territory but she'll have to disguise herself as she treats the people. And no one can speak of what has been discussed here today in public. Dhruv you know what to do next, Vijayanthi help Arvindha with her disguise and Juhi you meet me in my chamber after dinner. This meeting is done for now. All of you'll stay alert." saying this Dhananjay Mitra walked out of the conference room followed by Omshankar.

" He wants you to disguise yourself? Is he crazy?" Svasthi burst next to me. " No way we're leaving here this instant I don't care about the penalty or shit Aru your safety is the most important. " she said as she stood up pulling me by my hand.

" Svasthi please I think going by the king's order is the best option right now." Rishab said and my eyes snapped to his in surprise, I thought he would be with Svasthi in this regard.

When I looked at him questioning his words, he shrugged his shoulders saying " I'm a native to Medhinapur and I know even if we try leaving it'll be useless." gesturing his hands around the room in which Dhruv, Sandeep and the royal guards all were present.

Interrupting us the court lady Vijayanthi ma spoke up, " I'll leave now to make dinner preparations as we'll have the guests joining us." she said looking at us. As she was passing by me she patted my shoulder said so that only I could hear, " Choose wisely, running away will not do any of us good." and exited the room.

Now it was only me, Svasthi, Rishab, Juhi, Sandeep and Dhruv in the room. While Rishab was trying to calm Svasthi down I noticed Sandeep looking intently at her, which I found weird cause they had not exactly met under pleasant conditions.

Dhruv and Juhi were in a deep conversation, so I cleared my throat to gain everyone attention, " I'm willing to stay here as the king has proposed but I need to know what will be done next?" Juhi looked up at me smiling sincerely as if to express her gratitude and I returned it too, though it was still weird to be looking at someone who looked like me, but I realised she must too feel the same.

" First let's have dinner then we can explain what to do next." It was Dhruv who spoke and he suddenly looked at me, for some weird reason I couldn't look away. His eyes were so magnetic, I felt like slapping myself for having such thoughts in this situation but my heart knew that he was someone special since the first time our met. But I looked away hastily as Sandeep pushed Juhi towards the exit in her wheelchair and we all followed him out.

Hey fellas, hope you'll liked this chapter.
So finally it's decided and we have all our leads under one roof now!
What do you think will happen next?

Do vote, comment and share.