Chapter.20

Arvindha Bhatia's POV

The next day Svasthi, Rishab and I stood at the palace entrance waiting for Veer ajja who was being escorted by the palace driver.

The car pulled to a stop in front of us and Veer ajja stepped out.

All three of us rushed to his side, tackling him in a group hug and he hugged us back.

Veer ajja looked like he still couldn't believe whatever I told him on call and I wouldn't blame him for that.

As we entered the main hall, Dhananjay ajja and Omshankar uncle greeted him and ajja too greeted them with a polite smile.

I sighed the breath of relief cause knowing my ajja I was glad he hadn't started with his questions.

I informed them that I would take him to meet Juhi in her room and guided my ajja inside.

Standing in front of Juhi's door, I held my ajja's hand, " Please don't freak out cause she looks exactly like me and please be gentle she's been through a lot." I said almost pleading him to be under understanding. He nodded curtly and I took that as my que to enter the room.

Juhi sat in her wheelchair with Dhruv and Sandeep on either side.

" Juhi meet my grandfather Veer ajja and ajja this is the Princess of Medhinapur Juhi Mitra." I said moving my hands between them both.

When I got no response I turned to look at my grandfather who looked like he had seen a ghost. I held his hand and led him forward and when he was tight in front of Juhi, " Omg this is unbelievable, she looks exactly like you Arvi." ajja said turning to look at me with bewildered eyes.

" I told you it was unbelievable but it's the truth ajja." I said wrapping my hands around his waist cause he looked too shocked and I didn't want him to collapse.

So I made him sit on the couch and gave him a glass of water that Dhruv gave me, but I couldn't look at him not after yesterday's incident anyways.

When he had finally regained his posture he looked at me and asked, " So could you please explain why exactly you're here instead of at the camp?"

I looked at Juhi, Dhruv and Sandeep and they all nodded they're head in confirmation telling me to explain.

We sat there explaining everything that had happened since the day I came here taking turns and when we finished my grandfather looked so calm with a blank expression on his face I didn't know what he was thinking.

" Why didn't you tell me about the abduction Arvi?" He asked looking pained and I sighed closing my eyes, " I'm sorry ajja. I know I should've told you but I didn't want you to worry and plus I was too shocked too with everything around me." I said.

Veer ajja nodded his head in understanding " I understanding dear but if something happens to you when you're here you know this old soul can't take it." He said as he patted my head.

I almost wanted to cry at that affectionate gesture that I had so misses but controlled myself and said, " But ajja don't worry the royals are protecting me and trust me they won't harm me." I said trying to reassure him.

" Yes ajja please don't worry about her safety, it's our duty to protect her for not only the help but cause stress like a sister to me." Juhi said and I smiled up at her grateful.

My grandfather wordlessly stood up and asked me to show his room cause he wanted to rest and I agreed cause it won't be easy for him to digest this information in one day.

I lead him into the guestroom diagnol to mine and I told him to rest up before lunch.

As I stepped out of the room, I sighed in relief cause that had gone better than I had expected.