Chapter.9

Hey fellas! So here's the new chapter.
Click on the picture above 👆🏻to get a look of the palace hallways.
Hope you guys  enjoy this part!

Arvindha Bhatia's POV

Siting at the dinner table in a Royal Palace did really give off a different kind of vibe. As Svasthi and Rishab sat next to me, opposite to me was Dhruv, Sandeep and Juhi, while Dhananjay Mitra (Juhi's grandfather ) and Om uncle sat at the head of the table.

Various North Karnataka delicacies lay on the table ahead of us, but none had started eating as Dhananjay ajja had said he had an announcement to make.

" Arvindha, we would like to sincerely apologize for the trouble and discomfort we've caused you and your friends, but I hope you'll understand why such actions were taken against you'll, it was only in the best interest of safeguarding our Juhi."

" There's no need for your apology ajja, we perfectly understand where you'll are coming from, and I would be glad to help in any form possible." I voiced out sincerely, as Svasthi and Rishab too nodded their heads in agreement.

Dananjay ajja continued, "Since we have some basic things cleared out, I would also like to inform you'll that Arvindha will have to stay under disguise and will only serve within the royal circle of workers, so Arvindha you will have to move into the palace. You'll help and care for the pregnant women amongst the royal workers and so will your friends, though they're allowed a little leniency, Svasthi and Rishab needn't stay in the palace. Vijayanthi do help Arvindha with her disguise and her shift into the palace. Let's get on with dinner." he finished.

Since we all had agreed to go by his orders though we weren't exactly pleased with the measures, we went with the flow and had a peaceful dinner.

Once dinner was done, Svasthi, Rishab and I decided to go to the guesthouse to get my stuff to the royal palace, at night itself as it would be more convinient.

As we were walking back towards the guesthouse, "Arvindha hold up! I have something to discuss with you. " I heard and as we turned back we saw Dhruv jogging towards us. If that white shirt, long legs and moonlight didn't give a feeling of etherealness then I don't know what would. Upon catching up with us Dhruv said " I would like to talk to Arvindha." though it would just be about a  matter of importance, my heartbeat irrevocably increased in his presence.

As I thought I was getting carried away by my abductor literally, " Fine then move ahead, meet you both at the guesthouse." Rishab said as he dragged Svasthi along with him who kept protesting saying how she didn't trust Dhruv. My overprotective best friend !

As I turned to face Dhruv I asked, " So what is it that you want to discuss about? Can't we do it tomorrow? " " Do you always speak without giving others a chance to speak? " he questioned with a tiny smirk on his face. However badly I wanted to wipe that smirk off his face, " No it's just you cause you never listen " I replied boldly not knowing where the confidence was coming from.

" Well ....... huh, I'm sorry for being so harsh earlier." He said and when I was about to rejoice that he was apologizing he spoilt it by opening his mouth again, " But you know now why the measures had to be taken, so I'm not sorry for protecting my people." He said, he would defend his actions of course.

I just shrugged my shoulders in response cause I didn't trust my voice, but he got the wrong message. "Just a shrug?" He questioned, and now I was confused as to what he was expecting from me. I mean we both knew the circumstances and there's no need to feel sorry for something that was done out of a sense of duty. " Hmm or what else do you expect from me? " I  countered. "Well you're right, my bad!" He said with a short laugh and I was surprised cause I never saw him smile even.

By then we were standing outside my cottage and as I entered he followed behind me, when I turned around raising my brow asking why he was following me, " Well I can help you pack." He offered, startled I almost shouted " No you don't have to!", " I wasn't asking, I was telling you. " he responded as he moved towards the cupboard above which I had placed my suitcase and pulled it down, but unfortunately for me, few of my spare jackets and my journal tumbled out onto his head. "Ouch!", he exclaimed as he stepped back, "Told you!" I said as I tried to stifle my laughter.

As I stepped forward to pick up the stuff on the floor, he asked " So you write journals ?" " Ah yes, a habit since I lost my parents.." I stopped when I realised what I said. His eyes snapped to mind and held my gaze as I was preparing myself for another pitiful remark, "That's a good way of keeping them alive, in memory." He responded and I was surprised cause I didn't see that coming.

"Well I guess so." I replied with a small shrug and he smirked, " What's the smirk for?" " Do you always shrug when you don't know what to say? " My eyes widened cause he had caught onto my nervous fetish and this was the fastest someone had observed such an innate detail about me so quick, must give it up to him, he was indeed a sharp observer.

I shrugged again as I moved to pack my stuff and  he shook his head. We worked in silence for the next ten minutes, with him mostly just zipping up my backpacks and suitcases.

As we entered the royal palace, Vijayanthi ma met us at the veranda and she told the maid to place my bags in the guestroom. " Goodnight Arvinda." Dhruv said and I returned the same as I walked past him with Ma. On the way to the room I texted Svasthi and Rishab informing them that I returned to the palace and not to worry.

Do comment, vote and share.