Chapter.19

Arvindha Bhatia's POV

As we entered the room, I saw two royal guards close the door and stand guard. I hadn't realised the gravity of the situation when it happened. But now that I did I could've help worry about Dhruv. Vijayanthi ma and the other palace workers left to secure other entrances of the palace.

Juhi sat in her wheelchair motionless and remained numb even when Rishab tried to talk to her.

I moved towards them and knelt in front of Juhi, taking her hands in mine I said, " Juhi I know what happened, Dhruv told me. But for your own good you must try to move on from Rohan. It's been three years already and you need to stop guilting yourself. It wasn't your fault that you couldn't be together and I know as much as it hurts you must look forward to everything your life has to offer."

" Who the heck is Rohan?" Rishab asked with a disturbed expression on his face.

" The one who's at the palace entrance to meet Juhi." I said.

" Why does he wanna meet Juhi?" Rishab asked and I looked towards Juhi cause it wasn't my story to tell and only she could decide if she wanted to reveal it or not.

" Get me into the bed and I'll explain everything." Juhi said, so me and Svasthi helped her lie down on the bed and we all three sat in chairs around her.

She told Rishab and Svasthi the same things Dhruv had told me regarding the relationship between her and Rohan.

The expressions on my friends face were meme worthy if only the situation wasn't so grave.

" So do you still love him? " it was Rishab who recovered first from his shock and asked her the question we all had on her minds.

Juhi gave a short laugh which surprised us cause she looked so tensed at the mention of the name ' Rohan'.

" I'm not so vain that I don't know when to not pursue love that's not worth it. Yes breaking off my engagement was a hard blow to me, but when you look at the circumstances under which it happened and the consequences it caused one wouldn't still expect me to love him. " Juhi said and I was once again shocked at how she dealt with stuff, which was a polar opposite to how I would have reacted if I was in her place.

Well now you technically will now be, my annoying brain decided to remind me. Oh! Please just shut up, I don't need you're commentary to know that.

" Then why were you do pale and shocked when his name was mentioned?" Rishab asked, and I was wondering why he was shooting so many questions at Juhi suddenly. But nonetheless I was glad someone was asking questions cause I too wanted to know.

" After the false news of me being sent to Canada had been made, Rohan didn't believe it. He repeatedly visited the palace and even tried to enter discreetly. But of course none of his attempts worked, cause Dhruv held him off each time. Then there was no news for almost six months when suddenly I started recieving letters in red ink from him. They all sounded extreme and even obsessive, that's when I realised he had become possessive and obsessed with me. It was terrifying really especially after losing my parents, the extents he would go to get me and I came to realise I never really loved him, it was all just the circumstances that had caused confusing feelings and that was like liberation for me cause I always left guilty for hurting him. However when Dhruv learnt about the letters, him and Sandeep directly warned Raghuveer to keep Rohan away from the palace and even left a death threat for caution." Juhi finished and looked at all of us.

If her story was one thing then it was definitely dramatic!

Obsessive lover, loosing her parents, revenge, ending her dancing career, her disability, an enemy who wanted to kill her at any given chance. Everything seemed too much to have happened to one person and yet I was witness to the inner truth.