~ Chapter.5 ~

Arvindha Bhatia's POV

Rishab's Aesthetics

As Veer ajja dropped Rishab, Svasthi, Ayesha, Ishika and I on the campus, we raced through the paved pathway towards the college main notice board. It was like a swamp of bees, all trying to see the places they had been posted at for the next one year. A place that would be home to us. As we pushed and entered the outer circle we tried to look for our names.

The struggle continued for another ten minutes before all five of us retired to one of the round tables placed on the decorated college grounds for hosting the parents during the ceremonial speech from the board's Vice Chancellor later in the day.

Rishab was the first to collapse onto one of the chairs, as we all took our seats following him. Ishika being the sweetheart passed us a water bottle, for the last ten minutes has been fierce.

" So? Who's being assigned where guys? I've got Medhinapur Province of North Karnataka. ", Svasthi signed off with an open question for us all.

" Same ", Rishab and I chorused immediately after her, as we shared smiles of excitement. The other two remained strangely silent.

As we all three turned to face Ayesha and Ishika with questioning eyes, they simultaneously said, " Hassan ". " Oh damn, we're split, but atleast we must be thankful that we've got someone we know posted with us! " Rishab voiced out on our behalf, Ayesha and Ishika smiled and nodded in agreement.

" Guys we must go to the auditorium now, the Ceremonial receiving of our official ID's and signing in our names to our respective supervisors starts at 11' O clock and it's already 10:45am.", Ayesha urged as she stood up, all followed her accord, but as if on instinct we all pulled into a group hug, as we held each other close, probably knowing that this will be the last time we'll be doing it with such peace.

As we broke out from the hug, we proceeded towards the Auditorium.

*********************************************
The ceremonial speech had gone by without any trouble, we received our official ID's of public health caretakers.

A hard piece of white and green fiber with our license numbers and specializations, along with the our names and date of birth and a passport sized photo embossed on it, were handed out to us as we simultaneously signed onto the clip boards placed for the various supervisors of our Rural service.

Soon after followed a farewell party with our parents on the college grounds where the round tables had been arranged.

As we enjoyed and took group pictures with the help of Veer ajja, my heart ached at the thought that today would be the last day that all five of us gather together like this, as we are scheduled to leave the college grounds at 4 'O clock in the evening in the respective buses assigned to us according to our posting regions.

It's true when people people say medicine is like having roller skates tied to your legs, you never have an official break and you'll just have to keep going in order to become the one that saves lives meticulously.

After a heart clenching goodbye and well wishes from Veer ajja and few other lecturers, we boarded the buses assigned to us, as we split ways with Ayesha and Ishika with promises of staying in touch.

Hey fellas, so finally here's another update about our doctor squad. Looks like they're all set for the upcoming scenarios, prepare yourselves too.

Do comment, like and share.
Keep the love coming and keep supporting this book.