It's Nothing

The flames lick at my exposed skin, the leather tightly wrapped around my body fraying and disappearing into the heat. I stand frozen as I watch Tommy quiver in fear as he realizes what he's done.

He threw a candle at the wolf, but the wolf dodged it and the fire spread. I don't know how, but it did. The fire spread, encasing his parents, crumbling the pictures of their past, turning my foster forms into ash. Anything that could tie me to this town disappearing in an instant. And all I could do was stand there. Watching as Tommy cried for his parents I try get up and walk through the fire to him.

But they were gone, and so was I. Because at that very moment I was in the forest, going for a walk, not knowing a fire was eating away at my future.

And here I was, watching it all happen. Living the fire over and over again in my mind. Somehow I created another impossible scenario where I could have stopped it. Imagining that I never left the house, stopping Tommy from the fire. But even if I did that, there would still be the wolf. But nothing changes the fact that I didn't do that, I didn't stay, I left like I always did.

Everything moves quickly as Tommy runs outside, finding me at the edge of the forest.

That's when I'm back in my body. I'm holding Tommy, he's wiping his nose on my jacket. Everything is exactly the way it was at the time of the incident.

Everything is so vivid. I can feel the heat wrapping around me, I can smell the burning of Tommy's family, my eyes watering from the smoke.

But I can't do anything to change what has already happen. I am trapped in my body, forced to watch as Tommy is dragged back into the fire by the wolf, forced to run away from him. Forced to be chased by the wolf.

Something is different though. I now know that what is chasing me is actually a werewolf. So that means there's a person, somewhere inside of that beast. This is the part where time seemed to freeze. Where I had a stare down with the wolf.

"Terra." The dream changes, I have control over my body again. I listen for the voice, watching the wolf as it paces around me. Then the voice comes again, "We're coming Terra."

My blood runs cold when I realize who is talking to me. It's the wolf.

"We're coming for you Terra. We're all coming."

A blood curdling scream breaks through the silence of night. The sound tearing at my vocal chords as I try to rip the wolf away from me. The blankets roll and shift into the shape of my nightmares as I fight it.

I scream, clawing it away from me, flinging my arms wildly hoping that something will work. My bed room door slamming open goes unnoticed as I continue to thrash in my bed.

The person who just enters wraps their arms around me trying to contain my fury. I clutch onto the warm material of their shirt as I shake out of my dream. Tears flow down my face as I bury deeper into the chest of the person holding me. Another person enters the room, a gun held in front of them. He freezes when he sees us his face going slack.

One of the arms leaves my side, causing me to cry out from the lack of comfort. The recently removed arm waves the man out of the room before wrapping around me again.

I look up, my eyes blurry with tears, trying to see the face of my rescuer. I quickly stumble away from the comforting embrace when I realize who it is.

It's Stiles. I can't force my problems onto him. That's not who I am. I do not get attached. I can't...

He stands shocked on the other side of the room as I try to pull myself together. "I'm fine, I'm fine, sorry- I'm- I'm fine." I repeat my voice quivering.

"That didn't look fine." He carefully takes a step to me, approaching me like a dangerous animal.

"Stiles, please- don't" He shakes his head, resisting my protests. He hesitantly sits next to me on my bed, before pulling me into him again. "Why- why do you help everyone- why...me?"

I listen to his steady heartbeat as he responds, "Because I care about you."

My breath hitches in my throat. No, no, no. He can't care about me. Everyone gets hurt. Everyone.  Everyone leaves. Stiles pulls me closer as I begin to cry again.

"Hey- hey- what's wrong?" Stiles tries his voice soft as he rocks me back and forth.

I suck in a deep breath, "It's nothing."

"Terra please trust me." Stiles whispers his voice shaking in sympathy.

The thing is, I do. I do trust him. And that's the problem. I remain silent my thoughts consuming me as I feel the invisible hand snaking around my throat, cutting off my air supply. The fear of the unknown yelling at me to run. Run as far away from here as possible.

"Run away, Terra, run little girl run. We're coming either way."

A/N: Just a quick filler chapter but with a lot of development. If your confused, don't worry, the next chapter will explain all and leave your jaw hanging. Hopefully..... Anyways something is coming for Terra and let's just say 'eveyone is coming.' (re-edited 3/8/15) Jeez this chapter was really short :(  

edited 9/29/16