New Eyes

Terra

A few days ago I was living in the forest, sleeping in the trees, and now I'm living in the Stilinski house hold. I have my own room next to Stiles. But it's been weird. I know for a fact that Stiles barely sleeps because I haven't been able to sleep yet and I can hear him in his room pacing all night long. 

I haven't been able to sleep because of the bed. It's too soft. After spending so much time in the forest the bed feels like a marshmallow. Also every time I feel myself drifting off I am jarred awake by flashbacks of the fire and the wolf. Something about the wolf still seems off, especially those red eyes. 

Yesterday after Stiles dropped me off at his house he left just as quickly. Then a few hours later he came back with a bunch of his friends. The boy named Scott was with them, there was also an Asian girl, her name was Kira, and in the corner was Isaac, he didn't talk much.

And they basically cornered me in my new room and bombarded me with thousands of questions. The whole time I just sat there waiting for them to finish, and when they finally realized that I wasn't going to answer their questions they left "my" room. Most of the questions had to do with my family and I didn't want to go through answering all of those questions again.

Then they tried a different approach. Instead of all of them cornering me they only sent in one person. They sent Isaac. At first he just stood in the doorway his blue eyes staring at me, then he came and sat down on the ground next to me. His hair was curly, and despite the warm weather he was still wrapped up in a scarf. 

"You can trust us you know?" He said quietly staring straight ahead. 

"Can I?" I mumbled glancing at him from the corner of my eye. He simply nodded. 

"I know you just met us, but you can trust us." And then he just left, he paused in the doorway for a second before flashing a smile in my direction. Then no one else came, and they left me alone. 

Today is a Monday and I know that Stiles or the Sheriff are going to try and get me to go to school. But the thing is after moving around so much, I didn't really get a chance to go school. You can't really go to school if you move every couple of weeks. So I was home schooled in each place but the problem with that is they didn't know where I was with learning. So we always took a week to see where I was and then I would only have a week to learn new things, and then I would leave. And I don't know how I would explain this to Stiles and his dad without telling them that I'm an orphan. 

So I got up really early today and left before they were up. The good thing about living in the trees is that I'm not afraid of heights so leaving through the bedroom window was pretty easy.

Now I'm back in the woods, and the stupid feeling is back. The feeling that I need to find something. This feeling is absolutely driving me nuts because it happens every day and it feel like it's pulling me closer and closer but then when I get to close, it stops pulling.

But today the feeling feels stronger than ever. Like maybe I'll actually find it. Soon enough I find myself completely surrounded by trees. Ahead of me I see a small clearing. As I make my way to the clearing I notice that the feeling is getting stronger. But as soon as I step foot in the clearing the feeling disappears. I grumble in disappointment and sit on the tree stump nearby. I cross my legs and pick at the dirt under my nails as I think through a few things.

"My name is Terra Blake, I am an orphan, my parents are gone, and I'm alone." I mumble to myself. Whenever I start to feel overwhelmed I start with the basics. And work my way from there, "I am in the foster system, my last foster family died, they think I'm dead." I start to shudder as I remember what comes next, "There was a wolf, it let me escape, and I'm alone again." Tears sting my eyes as I finish. I curl my fingers into a fist, my finger nails digging into my palm. I glance down at my hands watching as my fingernails leave small indents in my palms. Flexing my hand slightly I allow the blood to flow again.