Hold Your Breath

Stiles

"It's weird though right?"

"Totally."

"I'm not going crazy am I- I'm not the only one who saw it?"

"I think we all saw it Scott, it's kinda hard to miss glowing red eyes."

"I mean it just doesn't make sense, every other time her eyes have been gold and just that one time, on the full moon, it was red."

"Scott- I know."

"But what does it mean?"

"If I knew I would tell you,"

"Yeah, yeah, I know but still,"

"Look, Scott, we can deal with this later but we need to get to class, remember- school?" I shake my head at Scott as he groans a response. "Come on you're supposed to be the responsible one now."

Scott pushes off from the ground, lightly dusting off his pants, "Yeah, Yeah, it's just so weird, and it's my responsibility to figure it out. I'm her alpha."

"But she has red eyes-"Scott glares at me, "Yeah- let's just not talk about the eyes for now?" I hold up my hands in surrender as Scott opens the locker room doors for me.

We remain silent as we continue down the hallway to our first class, our shoes the only sound in the barren hallway. I can literally feel the gears spinning in my head as I continue to think about Terra. Scott was right, how could her eyes have been red on the full moon but gold this morning? I should be focusing on school yet the only thing that I can think about is Terra. Terra Blake is the only thing on my mind- consuming my every thought with just the simple flash of a smile. With just the slightest tinkle of her eye.

Deaton did say she was different, what with the nemeton and all. But even that still doesn't make sense. Nothing about Terra really makes sense.

Terra is a puzzle, but with like, twenty missing pieces. Pieces that have been swept under the stairs and locked in a bunker. 

Sneaking into the already full classroom, I take my seat behind Terra and next to Scott. Terra turns around, passing back a paper. At first I think it's a note but am greatly disappointed when it turns out to be a worksheet.

Beginning to fill out the worksheet, I furrow my eyebrows when I realize it's a math worksheet. And we're in history. Glancing up from the worksheet I watch as Terra skillfully twirls the pen I gave her earlier between her fingers. Terra turns her head slightly, our eyes meeting for a moment before she returns her attention ahead.

Flipping the page over, a messy scrawl accompanied by random sketches fill the page. Ignoring the sketches for the time being I read the rushed note. Where were you and Scott? And can you help me with whatever this means after school? An arrow points to the other side of the page under whatever this means.

I roll my eyes, laughing to myself as flip back to the front page. Terra turns slightly towards me a small grin on her lips as she raises her eyebrows in question. I jut two thumbs up in front of me which causes Terra to laugh lightly.

From the corner of my eye I catch Scott laughing to himself. Whipping my head around to face my best friend I scowl at him as he continues to snicker. Scott makes kissy faces as I collapse onto my desk, burying my face under my flannel.

Just leave it to Scott to embarrass me.

Terra

Clambering out of my last class of the day, I bite back the shout of excitement as I leave the school. Passing through the school parking lot, I head towards the lush green sanctuary at the edge of the lot. Just as I'm about to step foot onto the fluffy green grass an arm juts out in front of me, practically clothes lining me. I fall backwards slightly, blinking in shock.