Missing Information

Stiles

I jolt awake, the room unsettling quite. I lie still, waiting for the small breathing that I fell asleep to. Anything to signify that someone else is in the room with me still.

But nothing.

It is absolutely silent. I lay frozen as the realization hits me the longer I wait for her to walk through the door claiming to have only gone to the bathroom. Turning my head slightly from my position on the floor I look up. My gut twists at the sight above me. My bedroom window pulled open, the curtains blowing freely in the wind.

"No..." I whisper under my breath. I can't find it in me to get up, to even move. It's like time has paused, the universe wanting the dread to sink in all the way to the bone.

Somewhere between the darkness and light I drift back to sleep, because when I open my eyes again the sun is high. I look back to the bed, still hoping that she will peak over, just anything. But it's the same as last night, nothing, the spot she fell asleep in cold.

I grumble, getting dressed for school. School just always seems to get in the way. Whenever something important happens school is always there like, "Don't forget about the test!"

The empty house seems even emptier as I make my way out the door. Slamming the jeep door behind me, I clench my jaw in frustration before pulling out of my driveway and speeding off to school.

Why would she just leave!? What did I do? What could I have done?

I wish I would have gotten a chance... I stop myself suddenly. A chance to do what?

Before I can ponder the thought I find myself already in the parking lot for BHHS. I remain seated in the car, staring at the school, until Scott lightly taps on my window. I jump slightly before following lead, and trailing behind him towards school.

"Where's Terra?" Scott questions.

I grind my teeth, "I wish I knew."

Scott rounds in front of me, stopping me in my tracks, "What do you mean, 'you wish you knew?'"

"I don't know where she is!? When I woke up last night she was gone and she hasn't come back yet!" I shout, causing a few bystanders to tune into our conversation. Scott and I simultaneously send everyone glares before continuing our conversation.

"Do you think she's just in the forest? She's done that before right?"

"I don't think so, Scott."

Scott's face drops, before he puts both hands on my shoulders, shaking me slightly, "Hey- hey, we don't know for sure. Just- just focus on school for now and if she isn't back by the end of the day we will figure something out."

I nod solemnly, before heading to my locker, leaving Scott alone in the middle of the hallway.

The day drags by slowly. Terra nowhere in sight the entire day. Meeting back up with the pack for lunch I follow them to our usual lunch table. My eyes linger on the spot Terra had only occupied for one day.

Malia snaps her fingers in front of me. I roll my eyes playfully at her before picking at my food. "Cheer up Stilinski,"

"Oh, sure- sure- you know- as soon as we find Terra that will be my first priority." I snap back.

Malia looks taken aback before quickly snapping back, her voice filled with venom, "It's not like we knew her."

My eyes widen. Is she serious!? I thought they were friends and now that she's gone Malia is acting like she never existed. I guess she's going back to her coyote instincts, but it still hurts, that she could just give up on Terra like that.