Dark Encounter

Ever since my first night in Beacon Hills I have spent most of my time in the forest. Sure it sounds lonely but where else am I supposed to go? I don't have any money and if I did I would use it for food not an apartment. Besides, being moved around a lot has made me pretty used to being alone.

Whenever I run away I always start off the same way. I usually stay in the forest awhile, just relishing in being alone. Then eventually I run into some people and we either become friends or I decide to keep running. There's always one person who I manage to run into time and time again. 

But I haven't seen him in a while. And this time I don't want to- ever again.

Anyway, I've been spending my time in the trees and exploring the forest. Something about this forest is just so intriguing, I don't know how to explain it- it just feels like something is calling to me in the forest. Like I have to find something but I have no idea what it is. But as soon as I feel like I'm getting close, the feeling, it just vanishes.

And then I'm lost in the middle of nowhere. So I find a nice tree and turn in for the night, and that is basically my day. Every now and then I find a nice stream or river and I get a chance to wash my clothes and myself. The only hiccup is I have no soap, but at least I don't stink as much as I would if I didn't bathe.

Living in the woods has its ups and downs but night is when things get interesting. What happened the first night wasn't the only incident. Every night since then I have seen people running around here and there. Of course they never see me because I'm up in the trees, but one thing that surprises me the most is how much I see Stiles and the boy named Scott running around. It's like they are constantly chasing each other because one boy will run by and an hour later the other would follow, always shouting out each other's name. 

Today was just like any other day, since dawn I have been walking around the forest looking for that same thing that I can never find. Eventually the trees thin and I find myself standing in a parking lot. The sudden exposure makes me feel vulnerable and I turn back towards the forest, ready to disappear into the dense trees again when a screeching sound stops me in my tracks. I turn towards the parking lot, where an old blue jeep speeds through, hastily parking in a handicap spot. The driver bursts from the car and slams the door shut. Something seems very familiar about him. My eyes swim with recognition as the driver turns towards me.

And that's my cue.

I turn back towards the forest, about to retreat when a dark voice stops me.

"What?" I ask turning towards the origin of the voice, not exactly catching what he said previously. I turn to see Stiles, the same boy that I saw sleepwalking when I first got to Beacon Hills, but something is different. 

Instead of the scared, frantic boy that I saw in the woods, this boy looked confident and dark. Not like skin tone dark, but emotionally dark. His light and scared eyes clouded and filled with pain. It was like he had a dark cloud following him that sucked all the happiness out of the world wherever he went. 

"Hello." He repeats a small smirk playing on his lips. I raise my eyebrows, something is definitely off. I look down at my shoes, not liking the way that he is looking at me. It's like he knows something, or is planning something. Something that now involves myself. 

"Hi." I whisper under my breath. He reaches out and grabs my chin, tilting my head upwards so I'm forced to look into his eyes. His caramel brown eyes pierce my light blue ones. And then I notice it, the same hollowness behind his eyes as the ones behind mine, behind all the pain and anger, he is just empty. Trapped inside of himself, with no one to turn to. The longer I stare the more I observe, he's turned all that emptiness into hate. Into pain, pain he has released onto the world. I quickly look to the side, not being able to stare at a reflection of myself any longer, as I do so a small chuckle escapes from his lips.

"I know you."

"What." I gasp. The memories of the night of the fire and the wolf flash before my eyes. "No, you don't know me." I reason shaking my head. He tightens his grip under my jaw, forcing me to look straight at him.

"No, you're right. I don't know you." He smiles. "But I will." He releases my jaw and grabs my hand, turning it so my palms are upwards. He uses his thumb to trace the veins in my wrist, his freezing fingers sending chills through me. I hold my breath, the skin under his grip beginning to burn. How could his hands feel so cold yet his contact feel like fire itself? What is happening? I look down at my wrist and where his hand is my skin is red. I yank my hand free, holding my wrist to my chest defensively.

"Why."

"Let's just say that you've..." he pauses, a dark smile forming on his lips. "Peaked my interest."

I clench my fists, my nails digging into my palms. He reaches out again, his hand reaching towards my face. I tense as he moves a stray hair behind my ear. He grins, allowing his fingers to linger behind my ear. I look back up at his eyes, there is something definitely wrong with him. I slowly begin to back away but he notices my movement and frowns.

"Hmm, not so fast." He says sternly as his arm shoots out and he grabs my hand again. His hand crushing mine in his grasp. I whimper trying to yank my hand free but he lifts my hand to his lips and gently places a kiss on my hand. His chapped lips scrap roughly against my outstretched hand. He smiles, releasing my hand and turns back to the school. As he makes his way through the parking lot he looks over his shoulder and winks at me.

I shiver and look down at the hand that he kissed, my fists still clenched. Then I feel something moving in my hand so I slowly open my fist revealing a single firefly in my palm. As soon as my hand opens the firefly lights up and flies away.

A second later the firefly's light goes out and it falls to the ground. I look back to where Stiles went only to see an empty parking lot full of cars, but no Stiles. I rub my hands against my arms suddenly feeling very cold. With that I head back into the forest, searching for some sort of security after the dark encounter I just experienced. I spare one last glance at Beacon Hills High before retreating deeper into the woods.

 ♋

A/N: Terra meets Void Stiles!! And I have a lot of ideas written out already they just need to be written in chapter form and they will be ready to go. I just have like 4 other stories I need to update. Yay, kinda, anyways this chapter was edited by the wonderful @simply_savi (re-edited 3/1/15 by me) 

edited again 8/17/16