When You're Gone

"You're the one killing people?"

"Oh, sweetie, you give me too much credit."

"How many?"

"How many people have I killed?"

I nod, my eyes darting across his face, trying to see if he was possibly joking. His face remains stoic, his blonde curls casting a shadow over his face, making me shudder in fear. "How many people?"

"Fifteen and counting." 

Bile rises in my throat, tears burning in my eyes. Lukas, the person I used to, love I guess. Is a murderer. I just have the best choice in men don't I? "Gosh Lukas, do you even know who they were?"

"Nope," He smirks, leaning closer to my face, "And I don't care. As long as I get paid. I'm happy."

"I can't believe you. But then again- you are a horrible person."

"If I remember correctly you really liked the bad guy." 

"Get off me." 

"What? Don't want to be with me anymore?"

"We ended a long time ago." I snarl, my eyes flashing gold as he leans closer to me. 

"Oh- there she is."

"What is all of this to you!?" I shout, pushing against Lukas only for him to slam me back into the ground. "Let me go."

"Fine." He smirks again, backing away from me. 

I scoot back on my hands and butt, observing him carefully. When he doesn't make a move to pursue me, I jump to my feet and get ready to run when he stops me with what he says next. "There's no reason for me to hold on to you. When you realize things with Stiles and this pack of yours won't work out you'll come running back to me. You always do." 

Turning away from him, I clench my hands, "That may be true. But not this time. Stiles is a good guy. These people are good."

"But you're not."

And as I walked away, my heart sinking to my feet, I knew he was right. I'm not a good guy- and I don't think I could ever be a good guy. 

 ❂

  ▹Stiles◃ 

Running back into my house, I rush up the stairs and stop in front of Terra's room. We really need her help but after what she just found out, I doubt she's ready to do anything yet. 

I knock on the door waiting for a response. Minutes pass without a single shuffle behind the door. My palms start to sweat. What if she ran away again? "Terra? You in there?" 

"Stiles?"

I whirl around, not expecting Terra to be behind me. "Where- are you okay?" I stop halfway through my question, noticing her expression. She frowns, shrugging her shoulders. "Terra?" Tears build in her eyes, her shoulders shaking slightly as she tries to hold her sobs in. I quickly embrace her, wet spots forming on my shirt as she tightly grips the material, burying her face into my chest. 

"It's Lukas." She mutters in between her hiccuping. "He's the one. He's the one killing people." 

I tighten my grip on her, knowing she needs the comfort and also realizing what this must be doing to her. "Don't worry about him. We'll protect you." 

She suddenly pushes away from me, shaking her head frantically. "No- no- Stiles you don't get it. He doesn't want to hurt me! He wants to hurt you guys." 

"What?"

"They don't want me dead Stiles. If anything is clear from last night it's that!" 

"We can protect ourselves. Don't worry."

"I am Stiles! I've never had something like this before. I- I don't want to loose this." She hesitantly finishes. Her grip tightening on my shirt. 

A smile rises to my face, my hand raising to grip the side of her face gently. I brush my thumb over the curve of her cheek, just marveling in the beauty and kindness of the girl before me. "How many times do I have to tell you? I'm not going anywhere." 

A small smile creeps onto her face, her eyes looking up to me. My eyes instinctively glance down to her lips, the pale pinkness of them painfully enticing. "At least once more." She mutters, her eyes glancing down my face before darting up to my eyes. 

Unknowingly I begin to lean forward, her actions mimicking mine. Our noses brush against each other, her breath fanning across my face. My eyes flutter closed and at the last minute I feel her shift, my lips kissing her tear stained cheek. 

"Sorry." She mutters, resting her forehead on my shoulder, "I'm sorry." 

My heart clenches, "No- it's okay. It's my fault."

"I- I want- I want to- but-"

"It's okay. You don't need to explain yourself." The pressure in my chest lessens at her words. She wants to- but she just isn't ready yet. That's something right?

"So- um- is everyone okay?"

I mentally slap myself for forgetting, "While you were gone, which actually wasn't that long if I think about it. Liam was kidnapped, Garret and Violet died, and we got Liam back."

She furrows her brows, "All of that happened tonight?"

"I know- crazy right?" 

She frowns, "I'm sorry I wasn't there." Her bottom lip trembles, her grip tightening on my shirt. "I'm sorry I'm never there for you guys- but you're always here for me." 

"Hey, hey, hey- It's okay. Terra. Look at me." She looks up at me through her eyelashes, "When you're gone, I know that you are dealing with something that I could never comprehend, but just know that when you come back- I am here for you."

"What did I do to ever meet someone like you?" She whispers, stepping back hesitantly, her hands still on my chest and gripping my t-shirt. "I don't think I've ever met someone like you before. I think that if I had I wouldn't have turned out like this." Biting her bottom lip, she releases me and gestures to herself. 

"Despite your past you are still a good person. Your past does not define you. Who you are now does." 

She cracks a small smile, "Thanks Stiles." 

a/n: sorry i was gone so long. anyways, short but heart filled chapter. Terra and Stiles sitting in a tree c-r-y-i-n-g. 

not edited