Chapter Four: The Little Imp

What the hell?! I'm a wolf?! When? How? The barrage of questions was neverending, and I went back up into the wall, but a chain yanked my paw, ushering me to stay there. Panic had begun to set in my brain, but now it was multiplied tenfold. Frantically looking around, I finally laid my eyes on another beast similar to my stature. The palette of gray colors got up slowly, shaking his head to regain his senses. A familiar blue earring caught my attention, causing me to bark out, "Link?!" I whimpered afterward, my tail between my legs. From the familiar name, the wolf turned to me, his bright blue eyes wide with shock. It was Link! The beast was also chained like me and almost had a look of panic upon his face. It was something I had never seen from him before... It was even more terrifying to sense his unsure expression. My first thought was to try to bite on the chain to break it with my sharp canines, even if that idea was idiotic... Clamping down upon the chain, I wriggled my head and thrashed from side-to-side. Moments later, I gave up, lowering my head in defeat.

Link suddenly perked up next to me, looking towards the bars that allowed us to see through. There, right through the bars was an imp! Their appearance was strangely similar to the shadow beasts we had encountered back at Ordon. However, they were much shorter, and instead of having red runes upon their body, they had aqua runes upon their pointy ears, legs, and arms. They also had bright orange hair that was tied with metal, reaching down into a ponytail that formed the shape of a giant hand. Their wide smile brightened as they noticed us. I shamelessly bore my teeth, growling even as they disappeared from where they were to later appear in front of us.

"I found you!" She hummed, her voice making the fact that she was female apparent. She crossed her arms, giggling and motioning to us both. Now, Link and I were both growling, disturbed by the presence of the little imp. "Oooh~! Aren't you scary~! Eee hee~! Are you sure you want to be doing that?" She questioned, "Snarling and glaring at me?" The imp then sighed, frowning sarcastically. "Well, that's too bad... I was planning on helping you... if you were nice."

Hearing those words, my paranoia shot through the roof. In a strange, flipped world, I was just a dog trying to be aided by an imp. Link and I had no choice but to trust this little imp, I stopped my growling first, sitting my coat of white fur (at least as far as I could tell) down on the cold stone floor. Link merely did the same except for sitting down. He only glared towards her, his body movements unchanging. The imp only laughed at our actions. "Eee hee~! That's much better! You humans are obedient to a fault, aren't you? How the actual hell did she know we weren't beasts, but humans?!

She giggled as my mandible dropped, tapping underneath it rather harshly to close it; she was toying with me! "Oops! But you aren't a human anymore, are you? You're beasts! Eee hee~!" She grinned, raising her head as the other hand laid on her hip. I couldn't help but lower my head and glare. Suddenly, I snapped forward in complete frustration, but she jumped back, spreading her arms out beside her. "There, there. You be a good girl and calm down. No need to bite!" The imp continued to tease, raising her brow. This was when I was finally able to notice the half-stone crown upon her head, covering her left eye. Just then, she brought her hands in front of her, and a ball of what seemed like magic formed in her hands, red electricity surrounded by darkness. When she was done, she thrust her hands apart, and I felt the chain that barred Link and I snap. I unconsciously jumped back from the noise slightly, causing the imp to laugh. Link bounced just the same, but not as much as me, showing the panic difference between him and me.

Once again, I jumped as the imp put her head in front of our faces. "You look kind of surprised! Eee hee hee~!" She giggled, grinning as she continued, channeling whatever magic she had. "So! I bet you're wondering, where exactly are we?" The imp twirled, dematerializing and rebuilding herself again to go right through the bars! That would sure be helpful here! "Well, I'll make you two a deal. If you can get over here, maybe I'll tell you! Eee hee~!" To taunt us further, she yawned, but not before motioning for us to get over. Who does she think she is? An annoying little imp she was, that's who! She was really getting on my nerves already.