Chapter Seven: The Adventure Begins

When we arrived at Rusl's home, I hesitated for a moment before opening the door. The sight I saw before me was bittersweet and one that could easily make anyone emotional. It was bitter because of the fact that Rusl was laid on the couch, blood covering the bandages that wrapped around his head and other wounds. However, it was sweet because Uli was right at Rusl's side while he slept peacefully. "Link, ___..!" She jumped up in surprise and then sat back down as her excitement quickly wore off. "Oh... At last, a pleasant surprise! You both are safe, at least..." She let out a relaxed sigh as we walked up, clearing her throat.

"The silence of this village... Does it not chill you as it does me?" The pregnant woman questioned with a worried expression. I could easily sense how sullen and worried at this moment, just from her words. I wanted to speak up to comfort her woes, but Link and I allowed her to speak what was on her mind. "While you were gone, we were set upon by evil creatures... I suppose you have already heard..." Uli trailed from her words, and her lips quivered as she lowered her gaze to the ground. It was heartbreaking to see the pregnant woman in tears, but it was, unfortunately, as sad as it was, reasonable. "But the children and poor Ilia... They were taken. We were all worried that perhaps you two had been taken as well..." I couldn't help but frown, looking towards Link for a moment and then Rusl. When Uli spoke again, I looked to her to give her the much-needed respect she deserved as a grieving mother. "Oh, but... I am sorry... As much as I would like to give these tidings to my husband... He has just fallen asleep... But it is truly a fine thing to see you both return."

At those words, I nodded my head and stepped up to give Colin's mother a warm hug. When I did, she smiled solemnly and returned the hug. "I am sure everyone would be pleased to see you if you were to both stop in and say hello!" I gently pulled away, and a smile made its way onto my face, as well as Uli's. "I really wish we could, Uli," I began. "But we gotta go out to find the children out in the Eldin Province... We can't dawdle long. Please, please let everyone know that we'll find the children, Ilia, and fend off the monsters of Hyrule." I declared, glancing up at Link with a hard, and determined glare.

Uli nodded her head, about to speak before Rusl interrupted her thought with mumbles of his own. "Mmm... Uli... Monsters... They... My sword and... Spear... They... Mmm... Monsters... Be... Be... Begone... Begone..." I looked back to Uli, eyes full of worry. "Um... ___, Link... Everyone will return... won't they? I am sorry... I must believe... If we do not believe, then our children are as good as lost already..." From those words, I nodded my head once more. "Of course. I know that they're somewhere safe." With a nod of her own, Uli gave a small smile, and that gave me even more of an incentive to find everyone alongside Link.

When the conversation ended, Link and I turned around and headed to the door, but it prompted Uli to speak again. "Oh... You two... Those weapons..." She began as Link put his hand on the doorknob. "The evil creatures stole them from Rusl... but you... You got them back?! How wonderful!" She hummed, "I know they are safe in your hands... And you need them now, yes? Please keep them using them, you two. Well... I hope you both will return again to show me your shining faces. It does my heart good to see you well." Those words made me that much more proud of both Link and I as we headed out the door. It was a wonder what a few words could do to someone's morale...

After a long walk back to the Faron Woods, we headed on through to go to speak to Coro! "Hunh?!" He yelped in surprise as we approached him. "So... It's the Ordonians! You seemed familiar, but then your clothes seemed kinda different, so I got thrown off for a second!" The oil dealer smiled and laughed, itching the back of his head. "Listen... Things have been a little rough around here lately, so you two should watch your step, okay? There are so many monsters now... I got kinda scared and closed off the path to the temple." He took a moment to speak again, pressing his lips into a fine line. "But... You guys... You wanna get back there, huh?" I nodded my head furiously from the suggestion as Link nodded slowly himself, and I furrowed my brows. "Yes, we intend to do so. It's what we've been preparing for lately."