Chapter Nineteen: The Mirror of Twilight

Yeesh, the sand was quite uncomfortable... Either way, today was the day to continue. With a full night's rest and the sun beating down on our backs once again, we went forth. First off, our little caravan decided to backtrack until we came across that same gate I had previously seen with the lock. The gate had a torch to its left, now unlit because of the sunlight. It had two goat skulls emblazoned on it, creating a foreboding feel. My heart sank when I inspected it, but Link stopped in front of the gate, causing me to shuffle back and take the key from my pouch to open up the lock. When I did, Link stepped forth, opening the gate and ushering me inside. I followed his instructions, and Link filed in without thought. However, as we began to look around...

WOOSH!

Link and I turned around, and my eyes grew wide to see a familiar face. It was the Bulblin! The one who took Colin and the one who was patrolling the western Bridge of Eldin. I narrowed my gaze his way as Link drew the Master Sword. The ugly smirk the Bulbin wore only caused a fire of rage to ignite within me. The creature of the night drew a great big axe, chuckling aloud. With that in mind, the battle began...

 With that in mind, the battle began

Aaaaand ended fairly quickly... At Link's final attack, the Bulblin dropped his axe and limped away, out of the stable. I glared his way before the smell of smoke reached my nose. Link peered my way, gaze worried before light practically punched me in the face. I let out a breath, refocusing my attention on the room. All I saw was the room going up in flames. My eyes grew wide, and I took a deep breath, looking around for some way to escape. Link inhaled sharply, heading over to my side (at least that's what I thought he was doing). He tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned to find him atop one of the boars that we had found outside, only a different one, of course. The male hopped onto it and offered a hand for me to grab. Not wanting to go up in flames with the building, I reached out and put his hand in mine, using a bit of momentum to jump onto the boar, wrapping my arms around Link's waist to hold on for the ride of a lifetime. He turned the beast around, kicked its sides, and off we went! We ducked our heads, hopefully avoiding the flames eating at our clothing and the splinters of wood that careened past us as we sped off toward the ruins.

Once we had stopped, I just fell straight to the sand, huffing and blinking rapidly, uncaring for the pain I had just caused myself for just flopping. "In the name of Hylia, what the hell?!" I put my hands to my face to cover it up, letting out a sudden laugh, "Wow, I never thought I'd be in the midst of a fire..." I heard Link chuckle quietly, and he slid from the boar's saddle. He meandered over to my side, taking my hands from my face and pulling me up. "It's the way of the hero, I suppose. We need to continue," He murmured. My shoulders slumped as I stood, letting out a sigh. "Sounds good... Just as long as there's no more of those!" We both let out a great laugh before shifting our focus to the building that loomed over us. Before you could even say "The Goddess Hylia," we determined that they were the ruins Auru mentioned: the prison. I glanced down to gather my confidence for the looming danger ahead of us, but my eyes abruptly caught mine, and Link's hands intertwined together. Blushing and chuckling, I cleared my throat while yanking my hand away from Link's and making my way up the stairs. Link followed along behind me after a second, and with that, we made our way inside the Arbiter's Grounds.