Chapter 3

Sorry we're late sir, Clay's new and I had to show him where his class was." Karl excused them for their absence for the first 15 minutes. The teacher nodded and pointed at the seats. "Take a seat boys." He said and went back to writing something on the chalkboard.

Karl grinned at Clay and lead him towards the back where they sat down next to each other. "So, meet anyone yet, except for me of course?" Karl asked.

"Yeah, I met this guy called Nick, seems cool, we've went out together a lot late at night in the summer." Clay said and twisted his pencil between his fingers.

"Nick! Really?!" Karl asked surprisingly. Clay nodded. "Yeah, I also told him I was gay, he didn't seem to bother." Clay looked down to his notebook and smiled.

"He's actually the one who made me realise I was gay." Karl said and smiled. "Do you have a crush on him?" Clay asked curiously. Karl nodded slowly and his cheeks turned red.

"A little birdie actually told me that he might be gay..." Clay said with a smirk on his face as Karl's face went bright red and he looked at him in confusion. "Really?!" Karl asked.

Clay nodded and smiled, happy to help his newfound friend. Karl was on cloud nine after hearing this information, how lucky he was.

______

"Where the hell's Karl?" George had spent their whole time between lessons looking for the other brunette but didn't seem to find him anywhere.

"I'm sure he'll come, George, we have chemistry together." Darryl said in defeat. George had been dragging him around the halls for the past five minutes with no sign of their cheerful friend.

"You're right, he'll show up." George said and walked back up to Darryl. Darryl smiled and patted George on the back, trying to cheer him up.

They walked into their classroom together and sat down at their usual table. George got his notebook up and his pencil and patted the pencil lightly on the table as he waited for the teacher to start the lesson.

"See, George! There he is!" Darryl said and pointed to the door where Karl was walking in next to the new boy, them chatting and laughing at something.

"Since when did he become friends with the new kid?" George whispered to Darryl as he watched the two sit down in the back of the class. Darryl shrugged as he took up his notebook and pencil case.

George rolled his eyes and looked at the chalkboard where the teacher's name was written on. The teacher walked in and started the lesson, causing George to zone out for the rest of the class, it was their first day, they wouldn't learn anything new.

The bell rang loudly and echoed through the quiet classroom. George jolted his head up from the desk and wiped away the drool from the corner of his mouth.

"Did I fall asleep?" George whispered to Darryl who was packing his things beside him. Darryl nodded and smiled. "You were out stone cold." Darryl explained as George groaned.

"Did you not get enough sleep last night?" Darryl asked George as they walked around the halls to their next class. "No, I did. I fell asleep at like, maybe 11 pm! This was just a very boring lesson, I guess." George said, "What did you do anyway?" Darryl shrugged.

"Nothing," he finally said after a few seconds of heavy thinking. "Thank god," George sighed in relief, "I'm going to be in so much trouble if my parents find out."

______

"So those are my friends," Karl explained to Clay and pointed at George and Darryl where they sat in front of the classroom, "Darryl's dads the priest and George's parents are controlling and strict, so he's kind of a prick."

Clay nodded and made a noise in understanding. "He's kind of cute." Clay confessed as a blush crawled across his cheeks.

"Who?" Karl asked, visibly confused, "George?" Clay nodded. "Yes him! Who else?" Clay whisper yelled as Karl giggled silently as to not bring any attention to the two.

"He would be so cute in more feminine clothes, don't you think?" Karl said and looked at Clay and George separately. Clay nodded as his face became more blushed.

"Dude, your so red!" Karl said and bursted out laughing, Clay watching him with an unamused look on his face. "Stop." Clay demanded, causing Karl to laugh more.

Once Karl's laughing fit had died down and Clay's face had returned to its original colour they kept whispering things to each other and giggling silently.

"His parents can't be homophobic, that would be so lame!" Clay whispered to Karl. "I know, right? He's like, such a bottom!" Karl whispered back, causing both of them into a fit of silent giggles.

"Mr. Jacobs, mr. Wilson. Quiet down." The teacher warned. The two boys nodded and went completely red out of embarrassment and once the teacher turned back to the lesson, they began giggling again, they weren't doing anything special anyways.

Finally for the two the bell rang and Clay noticed as George's head shot of the table. He's kind of hot like that, wait what? Clay had seen this kid twice or something, he can't call him hot!? Or, at least think he's hot.

He watched as George ran his hand through his hair and stood up from his chair and walked out sleepily. He's cute.

"Clay? Are you okay?" Karl asked and Clay could just hear the smirk in his voice. "Yeah, no, yeah, I'm good. Just zoned out." Clay excused as he got his bag from the stool back. "Right, George distracting you?" Karl said and nudged Clay in the side.

"NO! What the hell Karl?" Clay said and hit Karl lightly in the shoulder. Karl giggled but suddenly grabbed Clay's hand and ran with him up to Nick.

"Oh, hey, Karl! Hi, Clay!" Nick greeted them after he had finished conversing with his other friends and turned his full attention to them. Karl pulled Nick into a bear hug and Nick instantly hugged back.

"Come on, Karl. Did you drag me here just to third wheel?" Clay whined as he just stood to the side as he watched the other two hug.

Karl released himself from Nick's tight grip and shook his head, his smile wide. "No, I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same Nick!" Karl said and slung his arm around Nick's shoulder as Nick's face dusted pink.

...

I woke up at 8 am today without an alarm, I can't sleep in anymore because of how early I fall asleep. also thank you for 20 reads!